disembarking in Vancouver

joro2548

We are planning to rent a car at Canada Place terminal after our cruise and head over to Vancouver Island for the day. So I am wondering what the fastest way off the ship would be as we can't use the EZ departure for $16.00.( Not departing from YVR until the next day.) :( I've heard something about early departure if you carry your own luggage off. Any thoughts? Ferries to Vancouver Island depart at 9,10 and 11 AM.:o

You're only going to the island for the day? Wow! When are you planning on doing this? If it's a weekend, I'd strongly suggest you make reservations for the ferry. From downtown, you're going to have about 1 hour drive to the ferry terminal, close to two hour crossing on the ferry. You could carry your own luggage off, but you also need to make sure the car rental place is open that early.

We will be disembarking from the Diamond Princess which arrives in Vancouver approx 7:30 AM. Perhaps trying to go over to Vancouver Island for the rest of the day would be a little aggressive.

I would say yes. By the time you get off the ship, drive to the ferry and two hours each way, you really won't have that much time on the island anyway. There's so much to see in Vancouver, i'd recommend just sticking around here....and it's not cheap! The ferry now with two people is close to $80 each way.

the hardest part is finding your way from the ship to the ferries. (taxi to ferry about $80 cdn). and i'd walk on the ferry (14.25 with fuel surcharge). from ON the ferry you can get a bus (pacific coach lines) to downtown victoria. they do run a bus to/ from canada place (where you dock in vancouver), check the website. the bus depot is behind the empress hotel, which is across from the inner harbour, and kitty corner to the museum-all good places to visit.

http://www.bcferries.com

http://www.pacificcoach.com

depending on when the op's cruise is, the last ferry leaves at 9 or 10 pm. time enough in victoria if that was what they wanted. i agree with cruise junky, there's lots to do in vancouver. save victoria for a time when you can spend more time here.

the other thing you can consider is flying from downtown vancouver to downtown victoria. Seaplanes (westcoast air and harbour air) and Helicopers (helijet) leave from right beside the ship. the flight takes half an hour. Then you can walk around downtown victoria. It costs a little more but not that much more than renting a car and taking the ferry -

the other thing you can consider is flying from downtown vancouver to downtown victoria. Seaplanes (westcoast air and harbour air) and Helicopers (helijet) leave from right beside the ship. the flight takes half an hour. Then you can walk around downtown victoria. It costs a little more but not that much more than renting a car and taking the ferry -

oh what a great idea - the seaplane, but I imagine it could be pricy.

But yes going to Victoria for the day will be very expensive, very long travel day, and exhausting.

Highly recommend staying in Vancouver for the day. You can store your luggage at the port for the day and then buy transit day pass for $11 for adult and take in all the sights via transit or walking. Or sign up for the Hop on Hop off bus to see the sights.

brilliant!:)

There are two float plane services that operate from Vancouver harbour to Victoria harbour on a regular schedule; the cost about $280 pp rtn. Going on BC Ferries, by the time you get a rental car, and assuming you do make reseravations each way and you make perfect connections you will spend 8 hours going and coming from Victoria.

We were in Vancouver and Victoria last summer. I agree that it would use up a lot of time just getting to and from downtown Victoria. There is a lot to see and it would be best to save this for another trip. After storing your luggage at the port, exit Canada Place and look to the right you will see the hop on hop off tour buses. This is a great way to see the town. In the end it will bring you back to Canada Place and your luggage.;)

Archived