OK I need help to understand *WEATHER*

NJ04SS

I want to cruise to the Carribean, I don't care Southern, Western, Eastern--where ever, just the Caribbean. I assume this is the right place to post this...please help so I can book my cruise for next year!!!

1---Now I am looking to book on NCL right now for 2009, and what I see is a lot of the Southern Carribean cruises are in October, November, December, January or February depending on the length. Is the weather hot and is the water really warm those months?

2-- Now for the eastern Carribean, it seems that 2008,2009,2010 year the cruise's are in the months of Nov, Oct and Jan...is the water warm then? Basically the same for western Carribean, it seem sthey sail Nov, Oct, Jan and one cruise in April of 09....I'm just confused how the weather is down there, warm all year round?even water?

Basically, I am just trying to see when the water is warm, so you can walk right in!!! Otherwise I guess I will look to RCI or an all-inclusive. Any help is appreciated

The southern Caribbean Islands (Anyone between Puerto Rico and Trinidad) you can walk into the water anytime of the year. Of course during the U.S winter months the water is a little cooler but you wont be needing a wet suite or anything like that.

The Dry Season is between Jan-Jun, Wet Season is between Jul-Dec.

Hurricane season is 1st June to 30 Nov.

The warmest water period is during the hurricane season.:(

You'll splash your way right in, with a big stupid grin -:D- on your face

when you realize what silly thermal concerns you had initially

..but that's okay we get these kinda questions

from people who've never ventured this far South! :)

And like Goneclear mentioned, the absolute warmest waters are in late August thru September

when 'Accra'(S.coast Barbados) is literally bath-tub temperature warm

- i.e.not refreshing ..90 degrees.

Yeaahh.. our waters get really cold in winter months..down to about 72-75 degrees :eek:

when many locals stay out of the sea until at least Easter(too cold -I'm serious)

while all the tourists -you!- are frolicking in that wet stuff!

You probably won't understand what I'm talkin about

just book the darned cruise and get down here,okay?

- it looks like this...many days

Cat1285.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My wife is a school teacher so we can only travel to the Caribbean during spring break. We have been there from late Feb through early April and have never encountered a time when we couldn't just jump in. We were even there during a "cold snap" when the locals were wearing long sleeve shirts/sweaters.

Archived