Carnival Spirit Class 8C aft

NCTribeFan

I'm looking at the Miracle for December 2009. There is currently an "upgrade" available through a certain website, where I could book an 8A and get an 8C. Both 5268 and 5297 on the Upper Deck (Deck 5) are showing as available.

For a little more money ($60 pp, that's less than $10/day), selecting an 8C gets an upgrade to 8E. In that category, it is showing the long balcony 6234 as being available.

The 4 aft non-suite cabins on Deck 4 (Main) are also classified as 8C (but they weren't showing up on the available list). Is there any difference between those on Deck 4 and Deck 5? Is there more shade on Main than Upper?

I'd love to get one of those. I wasn't planning on booking this far in advance (just paid DD's college tuition and have final payment coming up on Fascination), but if I can lock in one of those through an upgrade, I'd like to go ahead and do it. I had planned on trying a balcony guarantee, but I'm perfectly willing to cough up a few more $$s to get one of those cabins.

Would you go for the aft, or go for the long balcony?

Thanks!

Well, I'll put my two cents in. I'd rather have an extended balcony than an aft balcony. More room is more room. That's why I booked a room with an extended balcony on the Transatlatlantic cruise of the Dream in October 2009. I think during the 16 days, I'll spend quite a bit of time on my balcony. I'm in one of the corner cabins with a nice sized balcony (since the ship isn't built, I can't give you the dimensions but it is at least twice as big as the regular balconies). I can't wait. It will be plenty quiet back there.

We were on the Pride (sister ship) last year in 7347 which is an aft corner wrap balcony and had a few friends in the aft balconies next to us. They all loved their balconies and just fyi, those aft balconies are extended and really do have lots of leg space for sitting because of the angle of the glass below the railing. Cabin 6234 is also an extended balcony, but the glass is straight up and down. The extra long balcony is nice (we have one on the Spirit next year), but that particular cabin is a handicapped cabin and even if you reserve it now, you could be moved if it truely is needed for a handicapped cruiser.

Wendy, which cabin? 6232 is a 4-person cabin. 6281 is starboard, next to the 9As, but the balcony doesn't look as long. It's longer than usual, but not as long as the two portside.

Yeah, I realize 6234 is a HC, which is why I'm hesitant to book it. I really like the idea of the aft. Sure wish I could afford aft wrap (like SOME people have had :p ).

you know I am an aft person--

6234 is a handicapped cabin- you could be moved out of there at the last possible minute. there is no sofa. things sit low to accomadate a wheelchair

see if 6232 is available.

aft cabins on the main deck are completly covered. I will take deck 5 over deck 4 first.

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

an aft balcony will be like this

Whoops, I was wrong. I am in an 8I, cabin 8232 which has the extra long balcony, but is not a HC. We booked this one because the aft wrap was too expensive and we were able to get a military discount on this one.

So many cruises, wonder why I can't keep my cabins straight?

Glad to see you looking!

Whoops, I was wrong. I am in an 8I, cabin 8232 which has the extra long balcony, but is not a HC. We booked this one because the aft wrap was too expensive and we were able to get a military discount on this one.

So many cruises, wonder why I can't keep my cabins straight?

Glad to see you looking!

8234 is the handicapped cabin

Archived