Senior Discout

LIV 2 CRUISE

I am a seasoned cruiser, and I know that when you surf the web for cruises they always ask if you are a senior. BUT -- that said -- I don't think I've ever gotten a senior discount. Is one line better than the other for this? Is there some trick? Maybe I just don't realize I got the senior discount ...

I am a seasoned cruiser, and I know that when you surf the web for cruises they always ask if you are a senior. BUT -- that said -- I don't think I've ever gotten a senior discount. Is one line better than the other for this? Is there some trick? Maybe I just don't realize I got the senior discount ...

We always check for the discount when we are planning a cruise. If you don't enter that you are 55+, then you are not getting the discount. The cruise should show 2 prices if the sr. discount is available for that cruise. Remember that it is not available on all ships for the time period.

We were booking a cruise several years ago (prior to anyone of us being 55) and the TA said she'd give us the senior discount. I told her we weren't yet eligible, and she said, "No matter". No one questioned us about it and it was a nice savings!

Not all cruises offer this discount--I guess it depends on how well a particular itinerary is selling!

We had been lucky enough to get the Senior Discount on a few of our RCCL cruises. On our Panama cruise last winter the discount was $800. CDA! :D We upgraded from a D1 to a JS on the Explorer under a Sr. Discount for only $200.

We constantly check our booked cruises to see if there is a Sr. Discount running; sometimes it is only there for a couple of days and then the price goes back up.

RCCL has a feature on its website where you click the 55+ button and then can search for cruises with Sr. Discounts being offered. It takes time but it has paid off.

Kathy:)

Archived