Pre- Cruise Miami Hotels- GOOD/Bad Hotels

caribbeanchickie

No, it's free through the city of Miami, like a people mover, or a monorail, it's right around the bend from the Hilton, we just asked and then asked someone as we were getting on where to get off for Bayside. I think it's called Bayside/(well I forget the other word). But it's really easy and it's free.

Thanks! Nice to know it's easy and free :) . I heard it was close to the hotel, but to hear it from someone who's actually stayed there makes me feel better.

I should note that when I was grabbing a cab to the port the morning of embarkation day, I noticed a sign in the valet area that said they had a shuttle going to the port @ 10:45am...I assume this is a regular accommodation? I was too late since it was already 11am, but ask the desk about this when you check in.

This IS the Hotel I REALLY want but, the price is around 150-170 a night for Oct 26...YIKES! Hoping the longer I wait, the price will drop. :cool:

How do you know what the real Priceline price is? You need to 'bid' for your hotel. The 'quotes' that are given on the Priceline website aren't the rates you get if you bid. If you have not bid for hotels on Priceline read the info on the Biddingfortravel site. It will give you the how to. You will have to list the star quality and area so you have an educated guess on the hotel you may get. I usually start bidding a month or two out from the dates I want.

How do you know what the real Priceline price is? You need to 'bid' for your hotel. The 'quotes' that are given on the Priceline website aren't the rates you get if you bid. If you have not bid for hotels on Priceline read the info on the Biddingfortravel site. It will give you the how to. You will have to list the star quality and area so you have an educated guess on the hotel you may get. I usually start bidding a month or two out from the dates I want.

Did I say it was PRICELINE

BIdding for travel is not the friendliest site I`ve come across.

I asked questions to only be snubbed so I gave up.

I should note that when I was grabbing a cab to the port the morning of embarkation day, I noticed a sign in the valet area that said they had a shuttle going to the port @ 10:45am...I assume this is a regular accommodation? I was too late since it was already 11am, but ask the desk about this when you check in.

Kewl! I wonder if this is complimentary or do they charge a fee.

Something to consider either way.

THANKS SO MUCH

Last time I went (April) I stayed at this boutique hotel in Miami Beach. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. It's across the street from the beach. They didn't have a shuttle, but the public transportation in Miami is great, and we got a ride there on the bus for $1.50!!!! (J Bus). They also said there was a flat rate for a cab to the airport of $32.00, but we stuck to the bus from the airport. They arranged a shuttle to the port for $8.00 a person. They had a nice continental breakfast too. It was called the Ocean Spray Hotel. 3 stars on Collins. http://www.oceanspraymiami.com

We've stayed at LaQuinta Airport East and it was nice. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port, along with a continental breakfast. If you're staying for more than one night you might want something closer to the "action", though :) .

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm the fussy one when it comes to hotels. I need a clean room and comfortable bed that comes with no guests ( Cockroaches :cool:)

Since we are cruising out of Miami I would really like to have something in that area. From all that I've read, hotels in Downtown Miami don't offer free shuttle pick from the Airport? Does anyone know this for sure?

I checked Price line for Oct 25th but the prices are outrageous. Over 130.

Has anyone ever used Easyclick????

I used Easy click and got the InterContential for 131.00 a night! We are going in December...

Archived