Which Dock in San Juan?

Cour10ay

check this website out

#4 report.gif

post_old.gif July 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM

image.php?u=118202&dateline=1107916947Clubber user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_15388616", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

The Old San Juan Piers are right next to the Sheraton. Click on my link below for an aerial view.

Dawn Princess Jan 2002 Southern Caribbean

Dawn Princess Jan 2004 Southern Caribbean

Adventure of the Seas Jan 2005 Southern Caribbean

Golden Princess Jan 2006 Southern Caribbean

ms Zuiderdam Feb 2007 Eastern Caribbean

Celebrity Summit Feb 2008 Southern Caribbean

Costa Fortuna Feb 2009 Western Caribbean

Old San Juan Piers/Hotel Aerial, and FAQs

Click on the link and then click on the continental shipping website and choose your cruise date. It is only updated through December. You can then see what dock you will be at. There is a map on the link to see your location. Hope I wasn't too confusing:)

Karen

Usually the only ships that use the Pan Am Pier or the Frontier Pier are those beginning or ending their cruises in San Juan.

Westerdam should be at the docks in Old San Juan, either Pier # 1 or Pier # 4

We love San Juan and will be there in December. It's great when it's a long, full day like is scheduled. Sometimes when the ship comes in late there isn't much you can do..... Same if it comes in early and leaves around 2:00, as sometimes happens.

We love San Juan and will be there in December. It's great when it's a long, full day like is scheduled. Sometimes when the ship comes in late there isn't much you can do..... Same if it comes in early and leaves around 2:00, as sometimes happens.

We will be in San Juan February 24, 2009. The Eurodam is scheduled to arrive at 10:00 am, and leave at 11:00pm. So we are the first ship in port!

Other ships in port that day:

Celebrity Solstice: 2pm - 10pm

Freedom of the Seas: 3 pm - 11pm

Costa Fortuna: 5pm - midnight

We will be in San Juan February 24, 2009. The Eurodam is scheduled to arrive at 10:00 am, and leave at 11:00pm. So we are the first ship in port!

Other ships in port that day:

Celebrity Solstice: 2pm - 10pm

Freedom of the Seas: 3 pm - 11pm

Costa Fortuna: 5pm - midnight

That is a lot of passengers that day.

Thanks to all for your replies here. We have sailed twice from San Juan (one Royal Caribbean, on Celebrity) but had never stopped there so I wasn't sure how HAL worked things. We do arrive late, I think 3PM to midnight, so it's nice to know that we'll likely be docked in Old San Juan. We're on the PJC so depending on who is scheduled for entertainment that evening (if any since we'll be in port), we may just do a quick run into town for a drink and a bit of shopping.

Still trying to gather as much info as possible since we are HAL virgins...

Enjoy your cruises, everyone, and thanks again.

Thanks to all for your replies here. We have sailed twice from San Juan (one Royal Caribbean, on Celebrity) but had never stopped there so I wasn't sure how HAL worked things. We do arrive late, I think 3PM to midnight, so it's nice to know that we'll likely be docked in Old San Juan. We're on the PJC so depending on who is scheduled for entertainment that evening (if any since we'll be in port), we may just do a quick run into town for a drink and a bit of shopping.

Still trying to gather as much info as possible since we are HAL virgins...

Enjoy your cruises, everyone, and thanks again.

Usually when a ship is in port until very late in the evening there won't be any production shows -- or comedians -- etc., Most times just a movie is shown on the big screne in the main show lounge.

No way, I want to do the bioluminescent bay excursion! :D

;) Hope you enjoy it. We have had some great stays in San Juan. Long before we started cruising, we vacationed there a number of times at lovely resorts.

;) Hope you enjoy it. We have had some great stays in San Juan. Long before we started cruising, we vacationed there a number of times at lovely resorts.

We had a week's vacation in Puerto Rico a few years ago in late November. We traveled right around the island so we are familiar with it. We were in Old San Juan at El Morro at sunset which was a beautiful time to be there. After dinner in Old San Juan we strolled around came upon a Christmas parade winding through the old city - quite fun!

In San Juan we stayed at Numero Uno Guest House in Ocean Park - right on the beach. We had a lovely dinner at Pamela's Caribbean Cuisine at the guest house - sitting under palapas with our toes in the sand.

Archived