Transatlantic Cruise for Family of 5

chinaiyf

Hi-am being transferred to Brussels, Belgium next May for work and my wife and I thought it would be great to take an Atlantic crossing cruise. We are already investigating the QM2. Can anyone recommend another line that does a regular translant? Thanks

Cunard is the only line that does regular transatlantic crossings.

With the rest of the lines, you'll usually only find transatlantics when they are repositioning their ships to and from Europe at the end of a cruising season. Usually westbound TAs (Europe to North America) are in the Fall and Eastbound TAs (North America to Europe) are in the Spring.

Hi-am being transferred to Brussels, Belgium next May for work and my wife and I thought it would be great to take an Atlantic crossing cruise. We are already investigating the QM2. Can anyone recommend another line that does a regular translant? Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Every cruiseline takes ships to Europe in the spring. There are many less expensive options besides the QM2. Since you may take unlimited baggage, this is a good idea for relocationg. I'd suggest contacting a travel agent who can search a transatlantic cruises for you.

RCI Voyager of the Seas is doing a TA on 19th April from Galveston. It arrives in Southampton, UK on May 3rd but also stops at Cherbourg, France en route. You'd be able to hire a car and drive to Brussels from France quite easily.

Carol

Whether you choose one of the Cunard crossings or one of the repo cruises from other lines, it will be a much more relaxing experience than travelling by airline. And when you compare the cost of a biz class ticket to the cruise fare (which is a fairer comparison), you will be getting far more for your money. My only caution is that the weather for trans-Atlan cruises can be a bit cold and rough at times, not the best itinerary for a novice cruiser. But if you like exploring the ship, curling up with a book, and taking part in lectures and activities, you'll have a great time.

Hello,

You have a very large selection of transatlantic cruises to choose from, and at excellent prices. Suggest that you go to the travel related websites and the cruise line websites, and do some research. These cruises are especially enjoyable because of the sea days and the ports in Europe.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Archived