NCL Spirit..engine trouble? Change of Itinerary?

tamarara65

We're sailing on the spirit Sept 21-27th. It's a 6night cruise leaving from NY on a Sunday..Mon(at sea)-Tues (Halifax), Wed (St John), Thurs (Boston), Fri (Martha's Vinyard). We chose this cruise beacause of the dates and itinerary. Should I be worried that that will change due to engine problems?

Thanks. I feel a little better now. The day we are scheduled to be in Boston is my Husband's 50th Birthday. We plan to go to Cheers to celebrate. We met working in a nieghborhood tavern in the 80's-so Cheers was a staple to our thursday nights...I would just die if we couldn't make it. We are also celebrating our 20th Anniversary on Sept 10th.

Thanks. I feel a little better now. The day we are scheduled to be in Boston is my Husband's 50th Birthday. We plan to go to Cheers to celebrate. We met working in a nieghborhood tavern in the 80's-so Cheers was a staple to our thursday nights...I would just die if we couldn't make it. We are also celebrating our 20th Anniversary on Sept 10th.

We're sailing on the spirit Sept 21-27th. It's a 6night cruise leaving from NY on a Sunday..Mon(at sea)-Tues (Halifax), Wed (St John), Thurs (Boston), Fri (Martha's Vinyard). We chose this cruise beacause of the dates and itinerary. Should I be worried that that will change due to engine problems?

sorry to hear about the spirit..i'm doing the one nighter on october 4th. What will happen it they all stop working at the same time?:confused:

The Canada/NE itineraries were changed back in June, so whatever is listed on the NCL site should be accurate. My May 11th sailing was also altered because of the engine problem and we ended up making it to each port early. Have a GREAT trip:D

sorry to hear about the spirit..i'm doing the one nighter on october 4th. What will happen it they all stop working at the same time?:confused:

Your cruise to nowhere will go nowhere :D Not to worry they can do a one night cruise with one engine and they still have 3 good ones. I am on that same cruise.

I'm going on the Spirit on the 23rd of this month. It was booked in October and it's original first port of call was St. Thomas, but soon after they had changed it to San Juan because of the engine trouble. If they are going to change the itinerary, they probably would have done so already.

I was on the Spirit in June and we did have one itinerary change but we knew before we booked. They have one engine out although it didn't seem to be a problem for our cruise. We avereaged 21 knots and arrived at every port early by an hour or more. We even took off from San Juan late because of late cruisers and arrived in Tortola early.

Have a blast in Boston. You will love Bull and Finch's and make sure you take the trolley to it, its more scenic. If you have time, spend some time at Quincy Market and Fanuil Hall there are great stores and resturants there too. Steve's smush ins are great if you like ice cream/custard. There is a great pub towards the long wharf called the Black Rose that has great food as well. You could spend a week in Boston and still miss most of it so have a blast, and congrats.

Archived