Does Carnival celebrate Hanukkah with a Menorah?

IDcruising

Yes They do celebrate it with a Menorah:)

Last year I was on the Fascination for the first few nights of Hanukkah, and not only did they have a big menorah in the lobby (and lit up the correct "candles" each night) they had a Hanukkah gathering each evening in the lobby near the menorah for any Jewish guests who wanted to participate. They had potato pancakes, applesauce, sour cream, kosher wine and challah. The assistant cruise director was present each time. He told me that Carnival was doing the same thing fleet-wide. Hopefully they'll continue the tradition.

We celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas. We will be on a Carnival Cruise the first night of Hanukkah and wanted to know if there is anything to celebrate Hanukkah? Thank You

I know the Carnival Miracle does. I was on last Christmas

R.C.C.L. does as well with decorations and a service every night (ours was led by a cantor) and this was on a transatlantic. It was standing room only and I was very surprised. I am sure ALL the cruise lines do this. The ship was festive with decorations for all of the holidays.

R.C.C.L. does as well with decorations and a service every night (ours was led by a cantor) and this was on a transatlantic. It was standing room only and I was very surprised. I am sure ALL the cruise lines do this. The ship was festive with decorations for all of the holidays.

Yep Princess does it too............

better find out for sure...we were on the celebration for Easter and there was no christian service of any kind. The Purser said they never do any kind on religous service, "not even at Christmas", even though for a Christian Easter is the holier day. I wrote about my disappointment and got a letter saying they are not always able to have a service on every ship due to lack of space, and or leader.

We were on the Victory back in 2005 during Hannukah and they did have a Menorah lighting every evening. As mentioned in one of the posts they had all the goodies to go along with it. The only thing I found funny was that instead of potato latkes (pancakes), they actually had regular pancakes. We really didn't care--we thought it was great to celebrate with fellow cruisers. We will be on the Freedom this year for part of Hannukah as well and look forward to celebrating there!

Archived