Chops attire

Smilie

When I started to book Chops online for my October cruise it said the suggested dress code is a jacket for men. I was booking it for formal night and save us the pain of packing a suit for hubby and dress for myself. This is a 5 day cruise on Enchantment and we wanted to pack light and not be bothered with formal wear. Is it not proper for him to wear dress pants and a shirt and tie and me to wear dress pants and a nice top or does he really need a jacket for Chops? That was part of the point in us making a reservation there on formal night- but we do want to try the steaks too. Please let me know what you wore to Chops. Thanks!

Actually, your DH should be fine with a shirt and tie, and dress slacks. That's what my DH and DS wore to Chops on our Enchantment cruise, and we noticed that others did the same. Or he can just wear a blazer on the plane, and not have to pack it at all. If he boards the plane in khakis, a sport shirt and a blazer, he'd also have one less outfit he needs to pack for dinner. Ladies have it easier in the packing department because our clothes general don't take up as much room. Dressy slacks and top would be fine, or a sundress. Have a great cruise, and enjoy your steak!

We have eaten in Chops on formal and casual nights. Generally speaking the attire we saw was consistent with the dining room attire.

That said, we have seen many folks even on formal night wearing nice casual clothes... what I term business casual without a coat or tie. Just nice slacks and a Polo shirt or regular button shirt. I would personnally recommend you wear what you might wear to a nice, upscale restaurant back at home. In my case here in Atlanta, that definitely means no coat or tie. :D Hope that helps.

Archived