What Are The Best Spa Treatments?

rubyrosedreamer

On the Liberty earlier this year, I entered the raffle the first day. A couple of days into the cruise I got a congratulatory phone call in my stateroom that I had "won" a hot stone massage, but it was explained that it was actually a half priced massage. I'm not completely sure what the price was, but I think I paid $60 for an hour. It was heaven! I'd never had an opportunity to try this before. I was a little miffed at first that my supposed "raffle win" turned out to basically be a discounted rate, but the massage was so wonderful, I didn't stay miffed, that's for sure! I would do it again.

That would take a little razzle out the dazzle for me too but I'm glad you enjoyed it. From the price I've seen, it was a good deal though.

Which port is costa maya? Where was the massage? Where in Roatan was the massage? thanks....

Costa Maya is a Mexican Port.. It was destroyed a year or 2 ago and is currently being rebuilt. The massage tables on the beach were located at Fisherman's Village, just a bus ride away.

Fred

Does anyone know if Carnival is set up to book spa services before embarkation? They don't seem to advertise it, but many times the CC community has the real scoop. On Princess you can book ahead so I guess that I figured that Carnival may fallow suit since they own Princess.

Thanks.

I just went on Carnival's web site to the "My Cruise" section and under "Plan" it shows a link to reserve Spa Services. I haven't tried it, but you might look there.

I just went on Carnival's web site to the "My Cruise" section and under "Plan" it shows a link to reserve Spa Services. I haven't tried it, but you might look there.

While that option is there, right now it is not working. You will get a message saying you will need to see the spa to book when onboard. I do believe this option will be open though soon.

Next month I plan of getting this service again, only during our stop at Cozumel to take advantage of the in port pricing.

For our Jan 2009 cruise on the Triumph we are scheudled to be in Cozumel from 8AM - 11PM. We have a full day planned but would love to take advantage of special spa pricing for "in port days" when we return.

How late in the day is the spa still (genreally) offering services?

Thanks a bunch!!

Shara

When you book you need to tell them that you dont want the product push.. you just want the relaxation of the massage. I forgot to do that when i did mine and then was like man i forgot.. but if you do it when you book my understanding is they wont bother you.

Anyone else out there have a facial at the spa? I'm really interested to find out what was done and how you liked it.

Thanks for all the advice so far everyone! I'll be sure to tell them up front that I won't be purchasing any extra's. I don't want them wasting my precious relaxation time with a hard sell.

Anyone else out there have a facial at the spa? I'm really interested to find out what was done and how you liked it.

Thanks for all the advice so far everyone! I'll be sure to tell them up front that I won't be purchasing any extra's. I don't want them wasting my precious relaxation time with a hard sell.

I loved the facial! First they clean, then exfoliate, then mask, then moisturize. Somewhere in there they use a other tools I'm not familiar with, but it all feels great. Just say no thanks & you won't get pressured. During my last facial, while she was massaging my shoulders & neck, the fire alarm went off:eek: - they were testing. I started laughing & the esthitician grumbled that they've asked to have their speaker turned off during treatments, but no dice.

What I'd like to know is how the stone massage works. I can't imagine how having hot stones laid on you is relaxing. There must be more to it than that, right?:confused:

What I'd like to know is how the stone massage works. I can't imagine how having hot stones laid on you is relaxing. There must be more to it than that, right?:confused:

What I remember, besides how wonderful I felt afterwards :cool: , is getting a fabulous massage and then those lovely stones laid on my back - most likely strategically placed to reduce the most tension. The heat from the stones works kind of like taking a very warm/hot bath or shower. The heat soaks in and soothes away tension.

It took a long time for the lady to get my husband's muscles loosened up (he had NO idea he was so tensed up:( ; he sure needed the vacation AND the massage) and then the hot stones worked their magic. He came out of the treatment looking like a melting stick of butter :D . He was so relaxed he went and took a nap afterwards.

LOL! We fell for purchasing products. A couple of months ago hubby soaked in a bathtub with a packet of salts (?) he got purchased after the spa treatment. So coming away with a purchase isn't always a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The massage was actually given using the hot, smooth stones. They feel like an extension of the masseusse (is that spelling right?) and glide along your back with warm oil if I remember correctly. They are constantly moving, so they don't stay in one place too long. I think if they did, it might be a little uncomfortable, because they are pretty WARM! When it was done, the stones were in a kind of "roaster" looking machine in hot water and I thought she must have been trading out the stones at intervals to keep them consistently hot but I could never tell if or when she did that. She was very talented. It was definitely one of a kind and I would recommend it highly! You feel so incredibly relaxed and unstressed.

Archived