info on the Christmas at sea cruise please...

chelle40

hi all

i am thinking about taking the kids on the Christmas at Sea cruise in 2009 sailing from Brisbane...has anyone been on this cruise and if so what are your thoughts ?? the kids would be 15, 11 and 6.

any info will be most appreciated

cheers

michelle

hi all

i am thinking about taking the kids on the Christmas at Sea cruise in 2009 sailing from Brisbane...has anyone been on this cruise and if so what are your thoughts ?? the kids would be 15, 11 and 6.

cheers

michelle

Haven't managed to actually be at sea on Christmas but the atmosphere would be great I am sure, no cooking, cleaning up, lots of decorations....yum.

Book early these cruises go fast and in school hols you need to get in early.:D

hey! we have done a Christmas cruise and are booked on this years too. It was good in respect to the no cooking, cleaning, annoying relatives, and the staff were amazing. The ship was decorated and stuff and there were plenty of kids. however, it was really strange cause it felt like we skipped christmas. Its all what you make it anyways. have fun!

Would so love to do a Christmas cruise. This will be our very first Christmas without children. We have always had massive celebrations with all of the kids, so I am going to miss it. Would love to be on a cruise Christmas day so that I wouldn't be feeling sad and missing the kids. But as I would love to be on a cruise anytime and have had my fair share this year, Christmas is definately out for me. Chrissy cruises are always a lot more expensive too, as is anything at that time of the year I suppose.

Hi Chelle40

I was thinking along the same lines with a xmas cruise and found this media release on the P & O site. It gives some idea of what will go on. Sorry if this is too long not sure of the etiquette for these things.

Christmas takes an Aussie twist with P&O Cruises

Date: 12 Aug 2008

Holidaymakers can enjoy Christmas with a distinctly Australian twist on P&O Cruises’ Pacific Dawn and Pacific Sun this festive season – barefoot beach cricket on an idyllic South Pacific island.

On Christmas Eve, teams of passengers will land on both Isle of Pines and Mystery Island for a game of beach cricket, with the ships’ crew taking on guests as both sides work off their holiday feasting.

Back onboard, guests will have the chance to show off their unique talents in front of a supportive home crowd by taking part in special Christmas choirs and traditional Christmas Eve concerts to be held on deck on both ships.

On Christmas Day, guests can frock-up for a formal gala evening complete with cocktail party amongst an amazing Christmas-themed ice carving display, followed by a traditional five-course Christmas dinner with all the trimmings.

Cabins are still available on Christmas and New Year sailings from Sydney on Pacific Dawn and from Brisbane on Pacific Sun, with fares including accommodation, all meals and onboard entertainment.

Jenny Lourey, Senior Vice President of Carnival Australia which operates P&O Cruises in Australia, said taking a holiday away at Christmas was an ideal way to replace stress with pleasure during the busy festive season.

"Our fantastic staff will look after all the cooking and the cleaning, leaving our passengers free to kick up their heels and put the money they saved on their great value cruise towards gifts and exciting new holiday experiences," Ms Lourey said.

Festive celebrations on Pacific Dawn begin when she sails from Sydney on December 17, 2008, visiting Noumea and Isle of Pines in New Caledonia, Ouvea in the Loyalty Islands and Vanuatu’s Vila and Mystery Island. Fares for the 10-night cruise start from $1495* per person twin share.

Pacific Sun’s nine-night ‘Christmas at Sea’ departs from Brisbane on December 20, 2008, visiting New Caledonia’s Isle of Pines, Ouvea in the Loyalty Islands and Vanuatu’s Mystery Island and Vila. Fares start from $1976* per person twin share.

Fares for Pacific Sun’s 12-night New Year cruise start from $2601* per person twin share. Departing Brisbane on December 29, 2008, the voyage includes calls to New Caledonia and Vanuatu.

Pacific Dawn’s 12-night New Year cruise departs Sydney on December 27, 2008, visiting New Caledonia and Vanuatu. Fares start from $2926* per person twin share.

Sydney-based superliner Pacific Dawn features 11 decks with two swimming pools, a choice of five evening dining areas, nine bars and lounges, "The Dome" entertainment area, a two-storey show lounge and fitness centre.

Meanwhile Australia’s favourite ship, Pacific Sun, provides endless fun with five restaurants and cafes, multiple bars and lounges and two pools for the adults.

Thanks licra,

for your posting! - We are travelling on the Dawn Princess which will be under the P & 0 Australia Banner by then. We are departing Sydney on 18th Dec.

Hopefully our cruise will also take "the Aussie twist" as the Pacific Dawn and Pacific Sun Christmas Cruising , SOUNDS FANTASTIC !

Has anyone seen info on DAWN PRINCESS Christmas cruising?

Thanks so much,

Happy Cruising to everyone!

Carol

Thanks licra,

for your posting! - We are travelling on the Dawn Princess which will be under the P & 0 Australia Banner by then.

Happy Cruising to everyone!

Carol

Dawn Princess will be cruising for Princess Australia. They share land based facilities with P&O, but the ship is still operated by Princess.

The activities listed in the P&O press release may not apply to Sun & Dawn Princess.

hi all

cheers

michelle

Hi Michelle

We cruised on the Pacific Sun Christmas 2007 with our 2 kids then aged 15 and 13. I wrote a review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=687575

We did enjoy the cruise very much - kids first one - our third - the most interesting thing was that it didn't really feel like Christmas although the ship was decorated and everyone was having a good time. We kept trying to ring home to wish family a merry christmas but everytime we tried the phones were down - obviously everyone else had the same idea!!

We would definitely do another Christmas Cruise but next time we would try to encourage more family members to come.

Rach

Archived