Question about hair dryers on Adventure

Our friend from Ireland is coming with us on Adventure. She is a red-head with thick hair. Her hair dryer uses the Irish-pronged plug and won't work on the ship, and she is wondering what the hair dryer in the room is like. I don't even use a hair brush, so I hardly know what the hair dryer is like, other than it takes up room in the drawer.

What is the hair dryer like in the rooms on the ship? Should she take the hit and buy one in Miami on the way down?

Ladies? What's the verdict? Will she be okay with the one in the room, or should she buy a good one in store to bring with her.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Just to fine-tune this, yes, the above-posters are right. The wee hair dryer in the drawer in the vanity area of the stateroom is quite an effective dryer, all things considered.

Years ago, when I was more formal and dressy for dinner, and my hair was much longer and thicker, I brought my own hair dryer. My daily pre-dinner routine was to shower, dry my hair completely in order to then use my steam rollers to make my hair look like Marilyn Monroe's stylist did it....

Nowadays, the RCI hair dryers have improved; I often sail in the Caribbean where it is very humid and merely stepping out on deck will negate any hair styling; I have changed to a more informal hairstyle which will behave even if left to air dry---I no longer tote my Conair 1800 watt Super Blaster.

Your friend should bring her own dryer with adapter or a new monster American model ONLY if she wishes to dry her hair in a big hurry or needs a very long cord because she blow-dries her hair section by section using a round styling brush. Tell her about the location of the room's hair dryer--in the top right vanity drawer--and how it is hard-wired in there. The curly, telephone-style cord on the RCI drawer dryer isn't overly long, which can affect salon-type blow drying/styling efforts.

Hopefully you all will be in a relaxed, don't-worry mode, and the bringing of an outside hair dryer won't be necessary. :)

Have a wonderful cruise!

Leslie

Archived