Majesty - Upgrade from 8036 to SO?

You can call RCI and they will give you a percentage of obstruction, thats how I picked our cabin, well I told the TA to ask how obstructed and to get the best one she could which she did.

For $10 Id do it, you will get about 35 s.f. from what I remember bigger cabin and be able to look out of your window easily, without the beds crowding so much. We paid $80 to upgrade from our inside to the I category, $40 each, so for another $10 Id have done it.

Ok - I called, and we've switched to 9548 for $20 total. Does the side of the ship matter much? The woman I talked to didn't know much about the obstructions, so I figured I'd switch the category now, and if I had to switch actual rooms later I'd do that. We're not really worried about the obstructions - mostly we want some sunlight, and we're really excited about the extra room!

Upgrading is probably the best $10 you will spend on your cruise!

We had 9550 (next door to yours) on our Majesty cruise last year. Great midship location not too far from the elevators. The "obstruction" is that you can't see straight down. You can look out and around, but if you stand at the window and look down, you will see a lovely orange lifeboat, and below it, deck 7. There are a few lifeboat hangers at the deck 9 level but not a problem.

The space is so much better than the standard OV cabin. The bed will be on a side wall with room on both sides to walk around, not crammed into a corner where one person has to climb out the end. There's room for a loveseat and glass table as well.

Unless you need a balcony, I'd say you have one of the best rooms on the ship, especially at that price.

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Thanks! As I mentioned previously, we mostly want the oceanview vs. the interior for the natural light (I'd like to know when the sun comes up :)), but the extra space for the low price was too great to turn down.

Do you know if the different rooms - and different parts of the lifeboat lifts - matter much?

Archived