New Ship For Mobile

Mysticks1

Ya-ka-mein (Old Sober)

4 to 5 pounds boneless chuck, eye of round or brisket (or 2 to 3 pounds other cooked meat, such as shrimp, chicken, ham, etc.)

Dry seasoning mix such as Season-All or Tony Chachere's

2 (16-ounce) packages spaghetti

2 to 3 bunches green onions

6 hard-boiled eggs

1 small bottle soy sauce

Optional garnishes: Soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, ketchup

In a large pot, cover roast with water and add Season-All or Tony's. Simmer until done. Reserve stock juice. Set meat aside and let cool. Skim grease off stock juice and set aside.

Shred or chop meat to a fine dice (or use food processor). Chop green onions fine. Peel eggs, and cut in half. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and keep hot.

Mix stock juice with soy sauce. (Other seasonings of choice may be added to stock at this point, if you wish.)

To serve, ladle spaghetti into a bowl. Top with meat, then onion, and half an egg. Ladle some juice over the top. Diners may add hot sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce or ketchup, as desired.

Dave

Yup, that's it.

why does anyone think it will be a 7 day-er..My guess that whatever name she is, it will resume the Holiday sched..5-5-4 5-5-4..Seem this tends to work for them..and there are the geographic demographics to be considered..IE:, another port close enuff to do...maybe in the future? and all the itens already set for probly 2-3 yrs in advance..jm2cw

I think the Mobile port will continue to do 4 and 5 day sailings and I think that Carnival is still leary about having two ships in New Orleans. They may be concerned about the profitability in having two ships in New Orleans, even though we want to hope that New Orleans can return to its pre-Katrina days in its fullness. So my guess is New Orleans will have one ship - hopefully, the Triumph.

Could the Triumph sail 4, 5 and 7 day cruises - 7 day cruises that leave on Saturdays instead of Sundays?

I think the Mobile port will continue to do 4 and 5 day sailings and I think that Carnival is still leary about having two ships in New Orleans. They may be concerned about the profitability in having two ships in New Orleans, even though we want to hope that New Orleans can return to its pre-Katrina days in its fullness. So my guess is New Orleans will have one ship - hopefully, the Triumph.

Could the Triumph sail 4, 5 and 7 day cruises - 7 day cruises that leave on Saturdays instead of Sundays?

While Carnival has never done so before (to my knowledge), It has been suggested that it is being considered. Start with a 7 day sailing, followed by a 5, then a four and another 5 day. The rotation would then start again.

Are you speaking of Moi?

I will be back to post I told you so. Or not (if something changed in the past week or so).

Dear NolaAlive, do you remember me? I was the one with the "little bird" and you swooped in with the Big Bird.

Well, this is from John Helads Blog yesterday:

"I can’t tell you what it is ……..but I can give the proud people of Mobile, Alabama a clue. We love cruising out of Mobile and in the fall of 2009 your FANTASY of having a bigger ship…………will come true……….y’all."

Soooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! ~wink~ ;)

Dear NolaAlive, do you remember me? I was the one with the "little bird" and you swooped in with the Big Bird.

Well, this is from John Helads Blog yesterday:

"I can’t tell you what it is ……..but I can give the proud people of Mobile, Alabama a clue. We love cruising out of Mobile and in the fall of 2009 your FANTASY of having a bigger ship…………will come true……….y’all."

Soooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! ~wink~ ;)

I'm just waiting a few more hours for the press release... But I love reading how the speculation runs when one already has the info at one's finger tips...

:D

Fantasy to Mobile Nov 16 2009.. Its official

Actually Nov 10 2009 is a one time 6 day cruise

The 4/5 day cruises start 11/16/09

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/carnival-cruise-lines-to-increase,508945.shtml

Year-Round Four- and Five-Day Mexico Cruises

Carnival Fantasy will launch year-round four- and five-day service from

Mobile Monday, Nov. 16, 2009. On this route, four-day cruises departing

Thursdays visit Cozumel, one of the cruise industry's most popular

destinations known for its beautiful white-sand beaches, excellent shopping

and variety of shore excursion opportunities.

Five-day cruises departing Mondays visit both Cozumel and Calica, which,

in addition to aqua-blue waters that attract snorkelers, scuba divers and

windsurfers the world over, is in close proximity to the magnificent Mayan

ruins of Tulum, the ecological theme park Xcaret, and Playa del Carmen and its

popular Avenida Cinco shopping district.

Five-day cruises departing Saturdays call at Cozumel and Progreso, an

emerging port with exciting excursion options to the beautiful colonial city

of Merida and the spectacular Mayan ruins in Chichen Itza, recently named one

of the Seven Wonders of the World.

On November 10, 2009, the ship will offer a one-time six-day cruise

visiting Progreso, Cozumel and Costa Maya. The Holiday will remain in Mobile

through the departure of November 2, 2009 and will then be transferred to

Iberocruceros, a Spain-based sister cruise brand under the Carnival

Corporation & plc umbrella.

• 1 month later...

I've done an annual October cruise with this being the 3rd year. Our PVP called today to wish us happy sailng and here's what she said about next year.

November 2009 will find the Fantasy in Mobile, Holiday in Uberland or where ever it's going and the Triumph in New Orleans. No other ships were mentioned but it'd be nice to have two in one or both ports, wouldn't it?? I'm mainly interested in Mobile and New Orleans because of it's close proximity to me.

Donna

Archived