New Ship For Mobile

Mysticks1

Are you speaking of Moi?

I will be back to post I told you so. Or not (if something changed in the past week or so).

Believe me nothing personel, Just overall speculation. I am not saying that anyone is right or wrong. So no reason to tell me "I told you so". I hope that Carnival stays in NOLA. I have a gagle of relatives in that wonderful town and use every excuse that I can come up with to run over for a day or two.

The turning basin in Mobile is 1000'. The Triumph is 893'. So it is capable of being turned in the basin. The Fantasy is 855'.

Dave

Wow! That's pretty dang close! I wonder if the terminal can handle a passenger load of that size, including parking. Maybe they are expanding. I personally hope it is the Triumph. I would love to see a 7 day that included Grand Turk. Or a 5 day to Coasta Mayo.

why does anyone think it will be a 7 day-er..My guess that whatever name she is, it will resume the Holiday sched..5-5-4 5-5-4..Seem this tends to work for them..and there are the geographic demographics to be considered..IE:, another port close enuff to do...maybe in the future? and all the itens already set for probly 2-3 yrs in advance..jm2cw

Wow! That's pretty dang close! I wonder if the terminal can handle a passenger load of that size, including parking. Maybe they are expanding. I personally hope it is the Triumph. I would love to see a 7 day that included Grand Turk. Or a 5 day to Coasta Mayo.

The terminal at Mobile would not have enough parking for just the Fantasy by herself. Double occupancy is 2056. The Triumph has 2758 at double occupancy. Parking capacity is 500 vehicles. The terminal can handle the passenger loading but not the vehicles.

FYI double capacity of the Holiday is 1452.

Dave

why does anyone think it will be a 7 day-er..My guess that whatever name she is, it will resume the Holiday sched..5-5-4 5-5-4..Seem this tends to work for them..and there are the geographic demographics to be considered..IE:, another port close enuff to do...maybe in the future? and all the itens already set for probly 2-3 yrs in advance..jm2cw

I don't think there will be 7 day cruises out of Mobile - at least not for now.

Let's throw this in the mix: Carnival Fantasy goes into drydock for its "Evolution of Fun" refurb' the entire month of January '09...

Also, the Victory is moving to SJU as of November 2;

Destiny is moving to MIA September 21;

Splendor is moving to L.A. Mar. 31 2009 (after the 50-day South America cruise starting Jan. 31 2009);

Pride moving to MIA Mar. 22 2009, then to Baltimore Sept. 9 2009;

Freedom remaining in FLL year-round, not going to Europe 2009;

Liberty going Northern Europe April 25 2009, then Med' Sept. 6 2009;

Triumph and Fantasy... not allowed to discuss their deployments yet...

Let's throw this in the mix: Carnival Fantasy goes into drydock for its "Evolution of Fun" refurb' the entire month of January '09...

Also, the Victory is moving to SJU as of November 2;

Destiny is moving to MIA September 21;

Splendor is moving to L.A. Mar. 31 2009 (after the 50-day South America cruise starting Jan. 31 2009);

Pride moving to MIA Mar. 22 2009, then to Baltimore Sept. 9 2009;

Freedom remaining in FLL year-round, not going to Europe 2009;

Liberty going Northern Europe April 25 2009, then Med' Sept. 6 2009;

Fantasy will be in drydock in Mobile next month and will get a 4 week refurb at that time.

Think you meant Sensation. Fantasy is going into drydock next month for 28 days.

Fantasy will be in drydock in Mobile next month and will get a 4 week refurb at that time.

Sorry, right, that's the Sensation getting the January 2009. (misread the bit about "Fantasy class"...)

Great, PA 007 is going to revoke my blogger license now... :(

The FANTASY goes into dry dock on 6 Sep 08 and returns to service on 4 Oct. She will return to New Orlans on that date. Anything else -- I don't know about -- YET. ;)

Yeah, where do I get some 'old sober' when I come down for Bloggers2?

Yeah, where do I get some 'old sober' when I come down for Bloggers2?

Ya-ka-mein (Old Sober)

4 to 5 pounds boneless chuck, eye of round or brisket (or 2 to 3 pounds other cooked meat, such as shrimp, chicken, ham, etc.)

Dry seasoning mix such as Season-All or Tony Chachere's

2 (16-ounce) packages spaghetti

2 to 3 bunches green onions

6 hard-boiled eggs

1 small bottle soy sauce

Optional garnishes: Soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, ketchup

In a large pot, cover roast with water and add Season-All or Tony's. Simmer until done. Reserve stock juice. Set meat aside and let cool. Skim grease off stock juice and set aside.

Shred or chop meat to a fine dice (or use food processor). Chop green onions fine. Peel eggs, and cut in half. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and keep hot.

Mix stock juice with soy sauce. (Other seasonings of choice may be added to stock at this point, if you wish.)

To serve, ladle spaghetti into a bowl. Top with meat, then onion, and half an egg. Ladle some juice over the top. Diners may add hot sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce or ketchup, as desired.

Dave

Archived