What is your LEAST favorite Caribbean port of call?

What is your least favorite Caribbean port of call?  

776 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite Caribbean port of call?

• Montego Bay
    • Ocho Rios
    • St. Thomas
    • Cozumel
    • Grand Cayman
    • Costa Maya
    • Belize
    • Roatan
    • St. Maarten
    • Antigua
    • San Juan
    • Nassau
    • Freeport
    • Other

Since we have the thread going right now about the island of Jamaica, I thought that I would start a poll to see what Caribbean port of call the Cruise Critic readers find as their least favorite. So which Caribbean port of call is your LEAST favorite? The poll will allow you to pick more than one port.

I picked OTHER for Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic. Some call it Casa de Crapo, and for a good reason. Nothing to do anywhere near where you dock.

Surprised to hear that. We actually liked it and there was a cool little town that had nice shops and decent places to eat nearby.

Now that I think of it, we were on a Carnival ship, so maybe it docks in a different place.

We were told it was unsafe to go off the beaten path, so we took an amphibian boat tour...went around the town and then down the river, it was "rustic", but fun! They were pouring rum and cokes for us as soon as we got on the boat, my daughters (16 & 19 at the time) just looked at each other and said "It is so 9 o'oclock in the morning" :rolleyes:

I second this! We were anchored in Montego Bay in '68 and actually lost an anchor and a bunch of chain - we were caught in a sudden storm and couldn't hoist anchor before it was too late!! Ocho Rios and Montego Bay were great ports in those days!;)

Dave

Spent some time in St. Thomas in the late 60's and revisited it in 2007. Very disappointed in the filth all over the place.

I'm probably not in the majority - but I don't really care for any of the "private" islands. I find sand and beaches very boring - I prefer the hustle and bustle of any little town.

I also like Ocho Rio - it's my favorite place to buy jewelry!!

We are soooooo bored with Costa Maya. Actually, we don't consider it or Cozumel as Caribbean: they are Mexiribbean to us.

We like Nassau, St. Thomas, and are so-so about Martinique. Jamaica is also on our bad list: we stay on the ship.

I have to say that I am astonished that a couple people have posted that they hated St Thomas..one even calling it flithy.....:eek:

not my experience at all.

Megan's Bay was probably one of the nicest caribbean beaches I've seen. I thought it was magnificent.

100_1737.jpg

Nassau and Jamaica pretty well tie. Nassau was exciting the first time...no more...Jamaica just too much pushy folks bugging us...

EXACTLY!!! Those Jamaican don't let up. Enough already. If I say NO I mean it.:mad: I will not return there. EVER

We really don't like Nassau. The last two times we were there, we remained on the ship. So, that is what I voted for. Haven't been to Jamaica but am not eager to go. From reports here and from friends who have been, sounds like a good place to miss.

Belize and Costa Maya The worst two ports. We took a cab to "downtown" in Belize, and there were more goats than people. In Costa Maya the only thing to do was to go swimming in the pool at the port.

we love Grand Cayman and St. Thomas. Friendly people and clean islands.

Archived