Manchester airport hotel/parking

yorky

Hi Guys. We are travelling down from Glasgow to Manchester on the 6th February for our flight out on the 7th to Barbados to pick up the Sea princess.

This is a first from Manchester and we need an airport hotel and parking for the 15 nights.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the above based on their past experiences. Trip advisor shows people having problems with unsecured parking at a couple of the hotels with their cars broken in to while away.

Cheers

Given the cost of airport parking and petrol from Glasgow, would it not be cheaper to fly down from Glasgow to Manchester with one of the low-cost carriers and lose the worry? I don't know if you're from the UK or US so forgive me if this stuff is obvious - try http://www.bmibaby.com - they do Glasgow to Manchester.

Manchester Airport is relatively easy to reach, in that it's on the rail network so depending on the time of your flight, you can stay or park pretty much anywhere in town and then just get a train out to the airport from the station. I wonder if there's long-term parking at or near Piccadilly Station? Might be an option. Malmaison near Piccadilly Station is very nice as a hotel, although I don't think it's cheap! Manchester Airport is served by my arch-nemesis, Northern Rail, and you can find timetables at http://www.northernrail.org/journey/planner - it's a 20 minute journey from Piccadilly and trains are frequent - looks like around every 20 minutes. Train takes you straight into one of the terminals.

There's plenty of parking at the airport itself, although I daresay it isn't cheap, although if I remember correctly it is cheaper if you book in advance.

Given the cost of airport parking and petrol from Glasgow, would it not be cheaper to fly down from Glasgow to Manchester with one of the low-cost carriers and lose the worry? I don't know if you're from the UK or US so forgive me if this stuff is obvious - try www.bmibaby.com - they do Glasgow to Manchester.

Manchester Airport is relatively easy to reach, in that it's on the rail network so depending on the time of your flight, you can stay or park pretty much anywhere in town and then just get a train out to the airport from the station. I wonder if there's long-term parking at or near Piccadilly Station? Might be an option. Malmaison near Piccadilly Station is very nice as a hotel, although I don't think it's cheap! Manchester Airport is served by my arch-nemesis, Northern Rail, and you can find timetables at http://www.northernrail.org/journey/planner - it's a 20 minute journey from Piccadilly and trains are frequent - looks like around every 20 minutes. Train takes you straight into one of the terminals.

There's plenty of parking at the airport itself, although I daresay it isn't cheap, although if I remember correctly it is cheaper if you book in advance.

I understand what you're saying. We do live in Glasgow but the problem is we dont know the flight times from Manchester on the morning of the 7th as yet. I have a feeling to get a connection from Glasow that morning would be very difficult and very early given we also would have to travel 20 miles to the airport from where we live. The advantage of driving down the day before is we can be there for around four in the afternoon and when using an on site airport hotel would get a good nights sleep. To be honest to us it's worth the extra £50 or so to start the holiday refreshed rather than shattered.

Hi,

Try holidayextras.co.uk, they have a room and 15 nights parking at the Crowne Plaza for £99.

Have used thiss hotel it is right on the airport has a nice bar and the rooms are good,all the better if you join the priority club.

Cheersd

Steve

My brother always stays at the Hilton. They used to use Airport Car Storage and he never had a problem but this time they have changed to Airparks Gold (http://www.airparks.co.uk). As he is here right now and hasn't collected his car how it all works out is unknown.

The Hilton do a package which includes the parking for upto 15 days (0161 435 3040).

Hope you get something that works.

Hi, i have just recently come back from Florida and stayed at the Radisson sas, the hotel is actually situated on the walk ways between terminals 1,2,3. It may cost a little more money but the easiness of just parking your car up and not seeing it for 2 weeks was great. Wake up the next day, walk to the terminal all of 2 mins if its T2, check in and go back and relax in your hotel room till you decide you want to go thru security. This made our long haul much more pleasurable. Upon return, you again walk 2 mins along moving walk way back to the hotel take your car park reciept to reception they will tell you where your car is located within there car park and hand over your keys and away you go. No rustling around deep crowds of people trying to get on the same shuttle bus etc.

Any info on hotel can be found here.

http://www.manchester.radissonsas.com/

Hi, i have just recently come back from Florida and stayed at the Radisson sas, the hotel is actually situated on the walk ways between terminals 1,2,3. It may cost a little more money but the easiness of just parking your car up and not seeing it for 2 weeks was great. Wake up the next day, walk to the terminal all of 2 mins if its T2, check in and go back and relax in your hotel room till you decide you want to go thru security. This made our long haul much more pleasurable. Upon return, you again walk 2 mins along moving walk way back to the hotel take your car park reciept to reception they will tell you where your car is located within there car park and hand over your keys and away you go. No rustling around deep crowds of people trying to get on the same shuttle bus etc.

Any info on hotel can be found here.

http://www.manchester.radissonsas.com/

Thanks to all. Having looked at reviews and location the Raddison looks the best bet and to be honest when you are paying as much as we are an extra £30 is nothing.

Hi there,

We have flown from Manchester a couple of times and both times stayed in the Holiday Inn. You get the special rate including car parking. The only drawback was that we had a bit of a wait for the shuttle bus back to the hotel last year. The Crown Plaza bus appeared three times while we waited. The price was reasonable though.

Archived