Questions...can any tell me

Cruisewebber

what exactly does "waitlisted" mean. If you book a "waitlisted" catagory cabin, does that mean you might end up with no booking?

Second, is it common for catagories to be waitlisted or not even shown availabe, the last day of final payment, then open up after? Are they then at a reduced price from what they have been the last week or two before final payment is due?

Thanks in advance!!

Waitlisted means you are on a list, waiting for an opening. You may or may not make the cut.

Often, several to many cabins open up at Final Payment date, when people cancel.

Reduced prices? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

- - - -

Precisely the reason many of us book a long ways out! Takes the gamble out of it.

I am not aware of being able to book w/o getting a cabin. Do you mean you booked a certain cabin but are waitlisted for another category? When is the cruise? As the time for final payment nears people do cancel, thus opening up space. Is this what you mean? :)

no I haven't booked yet :(

Looking at the Emerald, leaving Oct 31, 2008, inside cabin...today, only Princess's site even shows them..but waitlisted. No TA sight shows inside cabins even available.

Finaly Payment is due today for this cruise.

Yes, I know we are have waited, but the "available funds" situation is calling the shots on our booking this cruise, unfortunately.

If you are waitlisted, you do not have a reservation. You will get a cabin only if enough open up to get down to you on the list. Usually, there are a number of cancellations when final payment is due. If there are too many unbooked cabins (after clearing the waitlist), the cruise line may lower prices. If there are few they may raise them.

no I haven't booked yet :(

Looking at the Emerald, leaving Oct 31, 2008, inside cabin...today, only Princess's site even shows them..but waitlisted. No TA sight shows inside cabins even available.

Finaly Payment is due today for this cruise.

Yes, I know we are have waited, but the "available funds" situation is calling the shots on our booking this cruise, unfortunately.

If you are considering this cruise then book directly with Princess by having them waitlist you for the cat you want. It is $225 PP deposit for a waitlist and that includes as many cats as you want.

I would not wait if you are serious about this sailing.

You can transfer it to a TA after you are confirmed in a cabin.

I would not want to have the TA to deal with when on a waitlist, it just makes it hard to get fast updates on your position. :)

I am not aware of being able to book w/o getting a cabin. Do you mean you booked a certain cabin but are waitlisted for another category? When is the cruise? As the time for final payment nears people do cancel, thus opening up space. Is this what you mean? :)

When you book, as long as there is space available in the category you want you can pick a specific cabin or sometimes a "guarantee" which means you will get on the ship in that category or possibly higher.

In some cases, there are no cabins in the category avilable, but Princess believes that space will be available and allows you to book a "guarantee" which means you will get on the ship in that category or possible higher.

If you get a higher category from a "guarantee" booking, you still only pay for the category you were guaranteed in.

If Princess cannot guarantee you a room because of the number of cabins already booked, then you can choose to be put on a waitlist. When you are on a waitlist, you may or may not end up being on that cruise.

Archived