Booked First Celebrity Cruise

Cnd_Cruiser

We just booked for January 24 on the Summit out to San Jaun. This will be our first on Celebrity our last 3 cruises have been on RCI and We are looking forward to a change. Any tips or must-do's would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I'd head for the Thalossotherapy adults only indoor pool, and the adjacent hot tubs, spa, and healthy (free) restaurant the Aqua Spa.

Some people swear by the Normandy, the specialty restaurant.

Then there's the Conservatory where you might take a flower arranging seminar.

We just booked for January 24 on the Summit out to San Jaun. This will be our first on Celebrity our last 3 cruises have been on RCI and We are looking forward to a change. Any tips or must-do's would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats for choosing Celebrity Cruise Line. You have my sympathy for your RCCL cruises. I too went on RCCL and it was one of the worst cruises I was ever on. I've been on ten cruises so far.

The difference between Celebrity and RCCL is like night and day. On Celebrity Cruise Line service is their specialty. They make you feel like a VIP. On RCCL, my experience indicates that service is not good. The RCCL people act as if they don't care if you enjoy your cruise or get good service.

Also, not only is the service better on Celebrity Cruise Line than it's parent company, but, the food is better too.

you should love Celebrity, I am impressed with their prices, normally not being anymore, in some cases less, than RCI and I personally feel they are a better line. Again, this is just me: If you like to snorke, you will love Bonaire, in Dominica there are several really great tour companies and the island is one of the most unique in the Caribbean. I only have one word of advise, make sure to choose a tour that will get you back to the ship at least a hour and 1/2 prior to sailing. we did one that allowed an hour and was late. We almost missed our ship: very scary!!!! have a great time and don't try to bring booze on you purchase at the duty free shop near the pier; you will get busted!!!!!

Nita

Summit is wonderful! Do try the Normandie; it's really a special dining experience. Also, the thalossotherapy pool is really relaxing; DH & I enjoyed it immensely. Try the spa lunches served right there by the thalossotherapy pool, too. They're light & delicious.

Archived