Cruising on RCL in Nov. 2004...need info please

Hello!

New to these message boards...a bigg "Hello" to all!

Wanted some input regarding Royal Carribean. I am a Disney cruise line fanatic and cannot imagine any cruise line being any better than Disney. Please prove me wrong as I am booking a cruise with RCCL for November, on Enchantment of the Seas. Anything important I need to know. I have glanced around the boards and have read negative and postitive. Please enlighten me. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, I am coming in the night before into Ft. Lauderdale, FL. any suggestions on where to stay for the night? Nice places, moderate price? Thanks all!

Kim

Never sailed Disney so I have no idea what would be informative for you. Do you have any specfic questions? As far as Ft. Lauderdale, the Embassy Suites is my fave for its location, free happy hour and free breakfast. But if you can't get it on Priceline or Hotwire, it is expensive.

I also have never traveled Disney, but can tell you that we have been sold on RCL because NOONE come close to the service we receive from EVERYONE on board.

We cruised the Enchantment about 1 1/2 yr ago and loved it!! That was when she was doing 7-night eastern & western. Went in Nov. and the weather was perfect too.

As for Ft. Lauderdale Hotels, try the Marina Marriott right there at the Pier where the ships come in. It was about $140, but priceline should get you closer to $100.

Hope this Helps!!

Darrell & Donna

Pacific Princess '84 L.A. Olympics

Majesty of the Seas 11/'98

Monarch of the Seas 5/2000

Grand Princess 7/2001

Maasdam 11/2001

Sovereign of the Seas 5/2002

Enchantment of the Seas 11/2002

Rhapsody of the Seas 6/2003

boat001.gif

<MARQUEE>Radiance of the Seas 3/14/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;3;13;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0600

UNTIL WE START OUR NEXT CRUISE VACATION!!! :- ))

</MARQUEE>

Enchantment was a great ship. We've only sailed RCCL so we don't have anything else to compare. Service was great, food was very good, not 5star great, it met our expectations.

Avoid the upper floor in the dining room. It had an annoying vibration that didn't exist on the main floor. Have a great time

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;2;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

No cruise line is perfect for everyone. You didn't say what you loved about Disney, so it's hard to know what other lines you might like.

On these boards you'll find reviews from people on the same ship the same week where some hated the food, service, etc. and someone else raved about everything. I think it all depends on what is important to each person along with their expectations based on their prior cruises.

Kim,

I never sailed Disney but can tell you...I love RCI. I have cruised NCL, CCL and Celebrity and have had good cruises on all. Some better than others. I can tell you RCI & Celebrity are on the top of my list. I feel that the service and accomodations on all of the lines were top notch. My last cruise was in Nov 03 on the Explorer of the Seas and we had the BEST time, service, food etc...We are booked on AOS this Nov.

Enjoy and go with an open mind!! icon_wink.gif

Cindy icon_cool.gif

Never have sailed Disney, or anything other than RCCL, so I say go for it!!!! Have a great time.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

We loved Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale...pricey but worth it.....

Only sailed RCL and Celebrity so can't compare to Disney but as soon as I hear Disney, I think kids and that's not for us....

Nordic Empress..*****11/04

Radiance of the Seas****3/04

Serenade of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas

Century (Celebrity)

Song of America

Monarch of the Seas

Thanks everyone for the info! The thing about Disney is that no matter if you are young or old you will have a great time. The service is outstanding! I have never been treated so great in all of my life! The food was wonderful! Also, the ship was magnificent! It was very clean and well kept. The staff was constantly doing something, painting, varnishing, cleaning, etc. The staterooms were very large and attended to obsessivly. The little touches were lovely. We would come back from dinner before the evening show to find all of our towels shaped like animals around the room, my son loved it! The cabin steward found out that my son loved chocalate so every evening we would come back to a bed covered in chocolates! My little guy fell asleep before we could make dinner, I was getting ready to call room service when the phone rang and it was one of my servers in the dining room (your wait staff follows you every meal from reastraunt to restaraunt) asking if he could bring me dinner! He also brought extra desserts for my little boy just in case he didn't like one! It was a magical experience which in turn got me hooked on cruising. Disney is pretty expensive to do every year so that's why I thought I would try RCCL.

I booked my trip yesterday! Pretty excited!! We are going November 27, 2004. Thanks again!

XO

Kim

Hello BabySam99!

We did the Disney Magic about 2 years ago and loved it. However, with my family of six, I save about $1,500 by booking a similary category cabin (balcony) on RCCL. My youngest two really loved the Disney Cruise but had an equally good time on the Mariner of the Seas. How many kids do you have and what are there ages?

We found the kid's Adventure Ocean Program on RCCL to be excellent. I would rate it as better than Disney's program. Keep in mind that the Navigator and Mariner have over 22,000 sq.ft. of dedicated kid's space, which I believe is the most of ANY ship. No, RCCL doesn't have the three alternating restaurants or the same caliber of shows. But, I don't think you will find the food or service lacking.

I have not been on the Enchantment, but on my previous RCCL cruises, I experienced excellent service from both the wait and cabin staff. Additionally, you will see the ship constantly being maintained just like on DCL. Good luck and enjoy your Cruise!

__ /7__/X/__/7____

\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dolphin IV 12/87

Disney Magic 4/02

Radiance Southern Caribbean 11/30/02

Mariner Inaugural W. Caribbean 11/30/03

Galaxy S. Caribbean 3/5/04

Kim, we are Disney fans who cruised twice on Disney Cruise Line before trying Royal Caribbean. We loved the Magic and Wonder; they're beautiful ships. But as bweppner says, you are paying a premium price for that Disney name.

RCCL does a great job with their children's program. One difference is that Disney has more planned family activities (such as the veggie racing). RCCL does some, but they're mainly for the under-teen age and parents. (My children are teen and older now.) We've only sailed Royal Caribbean on the Voyager class ships and there is LOTS for families to do, but you have to plan your own fun. icon_smile.gif

You didn't say how old your child/ren is/are, but can I assume they're younger? You might want to let them know that Mickey won't be around on your November cruise.

The service on RCCL was just as attentive as Disney, and the dining servers were just as much fun to interact with. Most of them will go out of their way to please your children. The ships are more modernistic in design than the classically-designed Disney ships, but maintained excellently.

Have fun on your cruise!

Chris

Adventure of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;5;29;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Thanks for that info! My little guy is not cruising with me this time icon_frown.gif I am going with adults so I thought this would be a nice alternative to Disney (and cheaper...lol) As far as the kids club on Disney, I found them lacking. They have hardly any toys, my son Sammy was dissapointed in the lack of toys (this is his personal review) and it was very dark in the club. We will do Disney again when he gets a little older as he is a major computer nut! He is 5 years old by the way and very sad he is not going with Mom on another cruise. Mommy needs a break! icon_biggrin.gif I will miss him as I have not been separated from him ever! But being a stay-at-home-mom and a student (my graduation present) I need some Mom time. Anyway I'm sure ya'll didn't need my life story...sorry. Thanks guys!

XO

Kim

Archived