Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

We had a fully obstructed oceanview cabin on the Golden, returning day before yesterday, Cabin E 312 amidships. The bottom of our large window was just above the roof of the lifeboat below. Plenty of daylight and plenty of view, for a very low price. In fact we think it was the lowest price cabin on the whole ship and being on Emerald Deck, in the middle, was a blessing during this rough Transpacific trip! From what we were told, there was far more rocking on tghe upper decks.

Thanks for all the pics here.

We have E201 on Emerald Princess and a G guarantee on Ruby. We went with obstructed view because they were the cheapest fares to get on the boat. There were insides at the same price, but I believe the worst thing it can be is totally blocked and an inside. Nothing lost.

We had a wonderful obstructed view cabin on the Golden. I believe it was E707. All it had in front of the window was some very thin scaffolding and a little "deck" for crew members. In fact, it seemed like we had our own balcony, which we couldn't walk out onto, of course. :) One time when we were in port a crew member was checking a meter out there, so it's good not to be undressing then. :eek: We were very happy with this midship cabin that happened to be less than an inside cabin that week.

When I booked our obstructed view stateroom on the Princess Star I was very curious about just how much (if any) view we would have. I was very pleased with the view from our room and I thought I would share a couple of pics.

P1000187.jpg

P1000188.jpg

Our room was Category HH (one of the least expensive outside categories) and described as being "partially or fully obstructed". We were on the Emerald deck and our cabin was E211 (E212 on the other side of the ship would probably have the same view.)

As far as the stateroom itself, I thought the layout was the second best we have had on any of our previous cruises - Disney has very large rooms with two bathrooms per standard stateroom. Our stateroom on the Star had plenty of closet/storage space right outside the bathroom which created a nice dressing area.

Hi, all, I did look through the whole thread, so if I missed this request and answer, sorry...

I know that our cabin is listed as having an obstructed view, but it is really hard to see that when I look at the deck plans. Doesn't look like there are any lifeboats or anything. Does someone have a picture of E208 on Island Princess? Thanks for any help.

We are so looking forward to our first Princess cruise.

OK, this is great. Does anyone have pictures of E304, E306, E308, E506 or E508 on the Sapphire? Taking the family this summer, it would be fun to show them a picture of their cabin ahead of time.

Thanks

We stayed in E309 on the sapphire which is the direct opposite of E308. Have attached some pictures.

1920736915_cabine309a.jpg.cc9055469d2f1cfd9b1d7729a074ba9a.jpg

101067469_cabine309b.JPG.36cffb547b10415f3e9c4b63c8a51eb4.JPG

497207233_cabine309c.jpg.133d9b280a3b8130c12e084fb0b08b1c.jpg

I hope this has not already been asked and I just missed the answer. We are currently booked on the Star e514 for the 6/7/09 Alaska sailing. Does anyone know just how obstructed the view is from this cabin? Thanks ;)

We are booked on the Golden Princess this summer. I was originally in E517, but wanted to move closer to our kids who are upfront in an inside cabin E103. So we got moved up to E301 which is a wheelchair accessible room, as we were told it was more spacious and the same FF cat. room, obstructed view. When we got our final confirmation, under comments it said "wheelchair cabin, no view". When I called to ask, I was told it is an obstructed view room and they didn't know why "no view" was listed. Should I be concerned that I am paying for FF when it could basically be an inside?

Photos are fabulous. A big help in choosing. Thanks for doing this. Shirley

I second that...you ROCK Kooljamming! One of your photos just happens to be the cabin (E418) that I booked last night sight unseen.

Thank you very much for taking the time to take all of those photos!!

Gina

We are booked on the Golden Princess this summer. I was originally in E517, but wanted to move closer to our kids who are upfront in an inside cabin E103. So we got moved up to E301 which is a wheelchair accessible room, as we were told it was more spacious and the same FF cat. room, obstructed view. When we got our final confirmation, under comments it said "wheelchair cabin, no view". When I called to ask, I was told it is an obstructed view room and they didn't know why "no view" was listed. Should I be concerned that I am paying for FF when it could basically be an inside?

I have stayed in this cabin as I am confined to a wheelchair. Not much of a view at all. I now hate the color orange as that is all I saw for 12 days. I wish Princess wouldnt give handicapped accessible cabins to people who don't need them. What happens if a person in a wheelchair wants to cruise?

I don't know how Princess decides on the categories on Emerald deck. Some of the category G cabins have better views than some category F's.

Edited by sredheada