Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

Toots, we have had obstructed views that turned ok. But E601 on the Star was so obstructed by a tender that we could see NOTHING. The view was so ugly that we kept the drapes closed. If your cabin shows that it has a view of the middle of a tender, save the money and go inside. I mean that we did not have a peak of water at all from any angle.

Ellie

My turn for a question now. In the diagram, it looks at Star E605 and E606 are between tenders with a good view (unlike the 100% obstructed view I had as described in the above post about E601. Does anyone have a photo or description from personal experience of either E605 or E606 on the Star or any of its sister ships?

Thanks for any help.

Ellie

This makes E114 look very appealing....lol

For our cruise, RIGHT NOW, an inside cabin is priced at $1312 pp...Category "F" like this one for $1642 pp

So, you'd pay $660 for THAT window!!! Would ANYONE here think they'd grab that cabin? WHY???

Does Princess have nerve or what?

• 4 months later...
For our cruise, RIGHT NOW, an inside cabin is priced at $1312 pp...Category "F" like this one for $1642 pp

So, you'd pay $660 for THAT window!!! Would ANYONE here think they'd grab that cabin? WHY???

Does Princess have nerve or what?

Some people like to have natural light in their cabin and are willing to pay for it. Not too sure it needs shouting about though :)

On the Crown Princess we had an obstructed oceanview. We thought it was a great deal since it was much cheaper than regular oceanview. Compared to the photo above we really lucked out!

Crown Princess E705....

DSCN0044.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Going on the Caribbean Princess and our cabin is E615. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have some pictures?

Thanks and much appreciated....

NCL Skyward – Honeymoon - 1978

Majesty of the Seas -10/13/03-25th Anniversary - 10/14

Navigator of the Seas-10/09/04

Enchantment of the Seas - 10/10/05

Navigator of the Seas - 10/07/06

Majesty of the Seas – 10/15/07

Jewel of the Seas – 02/03/08

Mariner of the Seas – 10/12/08 – 30th Anniversary – 10/14

Caribbean Princess – 03/15/09

I booked gty obstructed view (HH) for our cruise in Aug. on the Sapphire and last week we were assigned FF E309. I can't find anything on it.

Does anyone have any pics or info on this cabin? It looks like it wouldn't be fully obstructed from looking at the deck plans.

Thanks!

Figured I'd add to the thread even though no-one has asked for this particular stateroom. My wife and I stayed in E708 on CB which is categorised as a Partially Obstructed room.

Obstructed_View.jpg

Sorry that I didn't get the porthole frame in the picture but this is still a pretty fair representation of our view.

The only real objection we had to this was on the few occasions where we looked out the porthole only to see a member of the ship's crew standing on that platform doing some work. It certainly made us more cautious about drawing the curtains when we were coming out of the shower.

On the Crown Princess we had an obstructed oceanview. We thought it was a great deal since it was much cheaper than regular oceanview. Compared to the photo above we really lucked out!

Crown Princess E705....

DSCN0044.jpg

A little off topic but not a panel TV on the Crown, or could this be an older Crown Princess? Is this because of the room catagory? We had a balcony, but panel TV, this Feb. Do obstructed rooms get lesser items??

I am enjoying the topic though. As a balcony type of guy I could live with almost all of the rooms, but not the one with the "Alcatraz View". I even recognized some of the backgrounds such as San Juan and I think Ketchikam.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

A little off topic but not a panel TV on the Crown, or could this be an older Crown Princess? Is this because of the room catagory? We had a balcony, but panel TV, this Feb. Do obstructed rooms get lesser items??

I am enjoying the topic though. As a balcony type of guy I could live with almost all of the rooms, but not the one with the "Alcatraz View". I even recognized some of the backgrounds such as San Juan and I think Ketchikam.

Andrew

I took this picture of our cabin in 2007 on the Crown Princess, pre flat - screen tv :D

jstducky, Hi....what was your room number and were you happy with it? I've just booked E220 and can't tell for sure but it appears to be between two tenders but also something else is there. Think I'll just go for an inside but this room is not expensive and if we get any light/view at all it might be worth it! Oh, forgot to mention that this booking is on the Grand Princess this fall.

Jo

Edited by Texasrose

We will spend 30 days in E711 on the Star Princess. So far, I have had excellent luck with choosing relatively "UNobstructed" obstructed rooms. Has anyone been in this room or on a sister ship?

Regarding money and balconies. We finally sprung for a balcony room on NCL Jewel at Christmas. With all the furniture taking up floor space, when they made up the loveseat for DD's bed--we could not access the wonderful, expensive balcony without crawling over all the beds. Balcony definitely did not live up to the hype. I'll take a parially obstructed view and extra money for drinks, excursions, and the spa any day!

Sorry about that! Here is the photo:

DSCN2707.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry, but that is the most hideously God-awful "view" I've ever seen!

Thanks for posting this! It shows the value of CC and researching your stateroom.

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry, but that is the most hideously God-awful "view" I've ever seen!

Thanks for posting this! It shows the value of CC and researching your stateroom.

Here is my end-of-cruise project. It has pics of different cabins especailly obstructed view:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570254128ZwSkkg?start=0

Here is my end-of-cruise project. It has pics of different cabins especailly obstructed view:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570254128ZwSkkg?start=0

thank you so much for taking the time to take pictures of all the window views of the cabins. When and HOW did you get to take them?

I looked at each to see if mine was included but no E 306 :(

herb - thanks for the view - I was upgraded from inside to e702 on the crown - from the diagram it looks like it shouldn't be too bad - your picture gives me hope (although I wont be upset regardless)

definitely will post pics upon my return

Figured I'd add to the thread even though no-one has asked for this particular stateroom. My wife and I stayed in E708 on CB which is categorised as a Partially Obstructed room.

Obstructed_View.jpg

Sorry that I didn't get the porthole frame in the picture but this is still a pretty fair representation of our view.

The only real objection we had to this was on the few occasions where we looked out the porthole only to see a member of the ship's crew standing on that platform doing some work. It certainly made us more cautious about drawing the curtains when we were coming out of the shower.

Croptop, thank you! We will be in E718 on the CB which is 3 rooms away, now I have some kind of idea of what we will be looking at.