Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

thank you so much for taking the time to take pictures of all the window views of the cabins. When and HOW did you get to take them?

I looked at each to see if mine was included but no E 306 :(

Call it a LABOR of love. I asked the steward during the cruise if I could take a peek, if I promise to not to get in anyones way, or disturb anything creating extra work. After most paz checked out of their cabins and DH was waiting to disembark, I was running from cabin to cabin framing, taking and retaking shots. My cabin was aft so I didn't have time to get the ones at the very front of the ship. I thought having an idea of the layout and view of the cabins might help people plan a bit better. I disembarked feeling a bit exhausted:)

My turn for a question now. In the diagram, it looks at Star E605 and E606 are between tenders with a good view (unlike the 100% obstructed view I had as described in the above post about E601. Does anyone have a photo or description from personal experience of either E605 or E606 on the Star or any of its sister ships?

Thanks for any help.

Ellie

This is E 608 on Star.......606, next door....even better.

2750641880054406160S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by catmand

Call it a LABOR of love. I asked the steward during the cruise if I could take a peek, if I promise to not to get in anyones way, or disturb anything creating extra work. After most paz checked out of their cabins and DH was waiting to disembark, I was running from cabin to cabin framing, taking and retaking shots. My cabin was aft so I didn't have time to get the ones at the very front of the ship. I thought having an idea of the layout and view of the cabins might help people plan a bit better. I disembarked feeling a bit exhausted:)

Thanks so much for doing that :)

It helped me decide, for the time being at least, to stick with our inside cabin. There aren't just any available cabins on our cruise that look to be worth it. :( But if one pops up that looked good in your pics, we may just grab it :D

Edited by VASOXFANN

E326 on the Diamond: If anyone has a photo of this cabin, we would really love to see it. Also does anyone know if is directly over the stage of the Wheelhouse Bar, & if so if it is noisy at night. I have tried to line it up based on the deck plans and photos of the ship that have been posted, but can't determine exactly where it is located. Thanks for any help. Shirley

I have posted views of obstructed view cabins:

E327 E407 E409 E415 E505 E507 E509

These are for the Crown but I believe apply to all Grand Class. The view is also the same for the even numbered matching cabins. I views repeat for other numbered cabins forward - match the position of the lifeboat on the deck plan. These are for the smaller lifeboats not the large ones nearer the stern.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33975954@N07/sets/72157614929013534/detail/?deleted=3336260790

I should be used to it by now, but your "moving bug" freaks me out every time I see it! I feel like the Capital One barbarian at the electronic store, who attacks the bear on the televison and destroys the TV.

Every time I see your bug, I am ready to smack my monitor!

I have posted views of obstructed view cabins:

E327 E407 E409 E415 E505 E507 E509

These are for the Crown but I believe apply to all Grand Class. The view is also the same for the even numbered matching cabins. I views repeat for other numbered cabins forward - match the position of the lifeboat on the deck plan. These are for the smaller lifeboats not the large ones nearer the stern.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33975954@N07/sets/72157614929013534/detail/?deleted=3336260790

thank you for the link, Billet, very nice photos. But, after comparing the deck plan for the Crown with the Diamond, I found that there are differences on Emerald deck which would affect the views. The Diamond E327 is not behind any of the lifeboats.

From what I can tell the Diamond and the Sapphire have the same deck configuration on the Emerald deck though, so if anyone has a photo of the Diamond or Sapphire E326 and/or knows if it is directly over the Wheelhouse stage, I would really appreciate hearing from you. thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have looked at several deck plans for Emerald Deck on Crown Princess, many vary with actual location of cabin. Anyone have a pic of E614, our home for 27 days? I think our window will be FULL of lifeboat.:confused:

I believe E625 on the Golden will have the exact view, as it is the same cabin on the opposite side of the ship. In fact if you look at deck plans of the Golden, E624 & E625 are right in the middle of the largest sized tender boat. From what I have read and experienced myself, the deck plans are pretty true to what obstruction you have in the "obstructed view" cabins. Sorry the news isn't better:(

When I booked our obstructed view stateroom on the Princess Star I was very curious about just how much (if any) view we would have. I was very pleased with the view from our room and I thought I would share a couple of pics.

P1000187.jpg

P1000188.jpg

Our room was Category HH (one of the least expensive outside categories) and described as being "partially or fully obstructed". We were on the Emerald deck and our cabin was E211 (E212 on the other side of the ship would probably have the same view.)

As far as the stateroom itself, I thought the layout was the second best we have had on any of our previous cruises - Disney has very large rooms with two bathrooms per standard stateroom. Our stateroom on the Star had plenty of closet/storage space right outside the bathroom which created a nice dressing area.

Question polythenepam:

Could you ever hear noise from the theater below you?

If so, how much and how late?

Many thanks for posting the pics!

I'll add to this thread when I am able.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a guarantee for a Fully Obstructed cabin and ended up in E212, which had the lower half of the window blocked by a smaller lifeboat, but we could still see out of the top half.

We would definitely book this cabin again...easy access to the Princess Theater & main decks. We only heard music from the theater a couple of times, when we were in the cabin about 5:00 pm, perhaps when they were practicing or something.

We thought the Emerald was a beautiful ship! :) We're ready to go again but guess we'll have to wait a while.

Emerald_CabinE212.jpg.7b5b8469b19aab3a9f2b9e10cb48d67e.jpg

Emerald_CabinE212_also.jpg.c6e12b20eb4033c5386052d5603a8ec0.jpg

OK, this is great. Does anyone have pictures of E304, E306, E308, E506 or E508 on the Sapphire? Taking the family this summer, it would be fun to show them a picture of their cabin ahead of time.

Thanks

We booked a guarantee for a Fully Obstructed cabin and ended up in E212, which had the lower half of the window blocked by a smaller lifeboat, but we could still see out of the top half.

We would definitely book this cabin again...easy access to the Princess Theater & main decks. We only heard music from the theater a couple of times, when we were in the cabin about 5:00 pm, perhaps when they were practicing or something.

We thought the Emerald was a beautiful ship! :) We're ready to go again but guess we'll have to wait a while.

Thank you re: your report of the lack of theater noise.