Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

As promised, SunnyV and LAFFNVEGAS, I looked at these two on the Crown TA I was just on. For E701 there is nothing blocking the view whatsoever! For E631, there was just a small cable hanging down on one side. Both great buys, IMHO. I was also in E616 (seemed to have a lot of friends on Emerald :D). There was a boat outside that one. In all 3, the beds were against the wall, not under the window.

Barb

Thanks for checking Barb but would you believe I made a large move :D We moved from that cabin to a Guarantee Balcony then said the Heck with it and was able to grab a premium E730 Mini Suite ;) But thanks for looking this could help many others :)

As promised, SunnyV and LAFFNVEGAS, I looked at these two on the Crown TA I was just on. For E701 there is nothing blocking the view whatsoever! For E631, there was just a small cable hanging down on one side. Both great buys, IMHO. I was also in E616 (seemed to have a lot of friends on Emerald :D). There was a boat outside that one. In all 3, the beds were against the wall, not under the window.

Barb

Thank you so much for the info, I'm really looking forward to our cruise on the Emerald. Sounds like E701 was a great choice...........29 days and counting:)

I checked most of the cabins on the Grand Princess on Emerald deck. I talked to the room stewards and they told me that the beds in the cabins for 2 people were aligned with the headboard forward and aft. the cabins with capability of 4 persons were aligned with the headboard against the outside wall.

Decided to save $$$ and not get a balcony for my recent Alaska Inside Passage cruise. This is the view: Cat E, partially obstructed cabin on the Diamond Princess, E325. It was perfect for my needs.

Boy, you really lucked out. The one time I had an obstructed view the life boat blocked practically the whole window.

WCC

Great to see all these photos of obstructed cabins.....we have one booked for our next cruise & had no idea what to expect..

Any photos of E221 on Diamond or Saphire whic I believe is the same?

Cheers,

G&G :):cool:

Edited by gayengarry

• 2 weeks later...
I just changed my inside on the Crown to E701 for our cruise the end of next month. This looks like a great cabin! I especially like it when the bed isn't under the window.

Yes, it's a great cabin! We had friends in it on the TA last month so I got to have a look at it. Absolutely no obstruction.

Yes, it's a great cabin! We had friends in it on the TA last month so I got to have a look at it. Absolutely no obstruction.

Thanks - It's always great to get a super deal and it looks like I got a great one this time.

We have E231 on the Crown for Western Caribbean. There's a picture of it on the first page of this thread. Would you say the view for E701 is better than this?

Is the bed not under the window in E701? Thanks!!

My understanding is the bed is not under the window in E701 because is does not accommodate 3 or 4 people. Personally, I like this set up much better than under the window.

Do you think I could get a better view under Category F with E701 ... compared to E231 on the first page of this thread? I'm debating on whether or not to switch to E701. I think having the bed not under the window would be nice since it'd be easier to look out the window.

This is E507 which has the lifeboat in the same position as E225. Lots of light and a good view over the top of the boat.

3335352863_9b8aea258a.jpg

Hi Billet

Do you have a picture of E425 on the Crown Princess that you could post? Is there a difference in the views between E425 and E505 or E503?

Thanks!

It looks like, from the deck plan, that we have a big orange tender outside our window...but considering the savings for our Med cruise next spring, it will be tolerable. Anyone have pictures from that area? :confused:

Thanks

J