Will I feel out of place if.......?

margbem

I would like to take dresses with me on our Med cruise for the informal nights. They are just nice summer dresses, not "posh" ones as I will take those for formal nights. Will I feel out of place because all the other ladies will be very casual?:confused:

Casual to me is comfortable. So if you are comfortable, don't worry about it. I would never suggest that someone dress-down just to look like everyone else.

We're going on a Med cruise in September and I just have a feeling that people in casual dress will be a bit more upscale than what we're used to seeing on a Caribbean cruise. JMHO of course.

Aubie

Would you feel out of place wearing a sundress or casual wrap dress to the mall, or to work in an office, or going out to a mid-level restaurant in your area?

I suspect the answer to all of those is "no," so wear the dresses you like on your cruise and have fun. :)

(That said with a caveat: next cruise, I am only packing pencil skirts and not my favorite billowy knee-length ones, because there are some SERIOUS wind-tunnels, especially near the doors and, er, let's just say I had my fill of Marilyn Monroe moments.)

If you are wearing clothes that you feel comfortable and pretty in then you should be all set!! Wear those dresses - I think it's so much more feminine!!!! I usually always wear dresses to dinner.

Have a fabulous cruise!!!!

I would like to take dresses with me on our Med cruise for the informal nights. They are just nice summer dresses, not "posh" ones as I will take those for formal nights. Will I feel out of place because all the other ladies will be very casual?:confused:
No, of course you won't! I have a large supply of those Per Una floaty summer dresses and I always take those for infomal nights with a silk pashmina shawl if it is chilly.

Sorry, but I just realized something that hasn't been asked yet and I think is the key to your question. Are you a girl or a guy? If you're a guy, you just may feel out of place....... :D

Sorry, but you never know these days. :D

Aubie

Sorry, but I just realized something that hasn't been asked yet and I think is the key to your question. Are you a girl or a guy? If you're a guy, you just may feel out of place....... :D

Sorry, but you never know these days. :D

Aubie

Leave it to you Aubie! hehehe :D:D:D

It all depends on you. I for one cannot push myself to go to Disneyland or Walt Disney World in a t-shirt but insist I wear a collard shirt and the same goes for when I go up to Beverly Hills. Again, my preferance it is how I feel and I guess it is spending 13 years in Vegas seeing how people dress for the shows.

It all depends on you. I for one cannot push myself to go to Disneyland or Walt Disney World in a t-shirt but insist I wear a collard shirt and the same goes for when I go up to Beverly Hills. Again, my preferance it is how I feel and I guess it is spending 13 years in Vegas seeing how people dress for the shows.

Collard shirt????? Does that mean it's green???? :D :D :D

Sorry folks, I just am having a hard time behaving today. HeeHee

Aubie

Casual to me is comfortable. So if you are comfortable, don't worry about it. I would never suggest that someone dress-down just to look like everyone else.

We're going on a Med cruise in September and I just have a feeling that people in casual dress will be a bit more upscale than what we're used to seeing on a Caribbean cruise. JMHO of course.

Aubie

That was very true on our Med cruise. I have been to Europe before and they are not into the grunge look very much.

Archived