JUST ANNOUNCED! NO more 4-5 night cruises to Cabo from San Diego...!

Tapi

I agree, I was hoping they would add more cruises with the port stop in La Paz. Oh well, might have to jump ship to RCL. They will be doing the 4 and 5 days trips.

Candi

This is exactly what we were hoping for. We were looking to book the 6 dayer that they have in Oct. that goes to La Paz and Cabo. But our schedules won't allow us. I was looking for this one for next Oct. and they did not have it listed. Now I know why:rolleyes:

But hey the Radiance has balcony cabins sooooooo that looks like what we will be booking;)

I think this decision will blow up in their face. And as mean as it sounds I hope it does:cool:

Catalina is a great place!!!

It's all a matter of opinion, and from the opinions I am seeing here, it looks like Cabo wins.

It's really all about the fact that Carnival has 2 ships in Southern CA doing the same itinerary. Why?

I went on the 6 day Elation when she moved here so Carnival would see how appreciative I was that they homeported her here. I've been on it twice more with my DH for a long weekend getaway and I have one more booked for October. Guess they didn't appreciate my patronage after all.

I've already sent my letter off to corporate and I hope the rest of you do the same. Don't forget to flash the Platinum if you have it, it can't hurt.

I JUST booked a 5 night cruise in April 2009 ONLY because it went to Cabo. I'm taking my 15yr and her friend. They really wanted to do the swim with dolphins in Cabo. The Ensenada stop was to shop and then surprise the girls with a ship spa treatment.

If this is true, I'm going to cancel and rebook the 4 night cruise or look into another cruiseline.

I'm going on Elation for the first time (4-day to Cabo) and the reason is that it is only a 45 minute drive for us to the port. A group from work is going and most are going because of the Cabo stop and the 4 nights starting on Thursday is very convenient. I'm sorry they're stopping it because its such an affordable long weekend for those of us who can drive there.

I agree, I'm also 45 mintues from the port and was starting to get used to the idea of running the "oil crisis" gambit with the PRIDE and PARADISE . . . :)

. . . add another 2 hours drive and the SPIRIT and ELATION.

Have never cruised up into the Sea of Cortez and I'm told La Paz is a cute little Mexican city.

(maybe I'll have to jump ship also)

I just called and was told MY cruise is not affected.... They do change in Feb, 2009, but somehow MY cruise will still be a 5 night AND go to Cabo. Not sure what I want to do since Cabo was a port the girls really want to go to. I was told "oh, once you book, we NEVER change routes". Yeah, that was reassuring.

I just called and was told MY cruise is not affected.... They do change in Feb, 2009, but somehow MY cruise will still be a 5 night AND go to Cabo. Not sure what I want to do since Cabo was a port the girls really want to go to. I was told "oh, once you book, we NEVER change routes". Yeah, that was reassuring.

Did you book directly with Carnival? I would double check that bit of information in a few days.

Oh, and about NEVER changing routes, ask anybody who booked the Triumph from New Orleans or the Elation from Port Canaveral a few years ago....

Thanks for your info. I am lucky that I have booked the Sept 15,2008 ,5 day Elation cruise. I will enjoy it even more now. Thanks.;)

ya i am on this trip also 15-20 sept

and no one in so cal want to do this new trip layout we can go to Catlaina anytime we want for 30 bucks round trip. the reason i driving from la to sd now was i didnt want to pay the 150 diff to go to Catalina when its only 30.

like others said a 4 day is to short to fly in for and the island..catlaina is only 30 min off shore on the catlaina express and they count that as a full day 1 day sd 1 day catlina 1 day Ensenada then back to sd what a j/k crusie it will fail big time.

i go to catlina about 5 times a summer why would i want to take a curise ship to it.

Did you book directly with Carnival? I would double check that bit of information in a few days.

Oh, and about NEVER changing routes, ask anybody who booked the Triumph from New Orleans or the Elation from Port Canaveral a few years ago....

No, I use an online place. I sent them an email as well when I called Carnival. I will call again in a couple of days. What a disappointment - the girls were really looking forward to this cruise (and the cat 12 room). Guess its back to researching cruises. Whomever posted this information THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

The Radiance is a great ship. I've been on her twice when she did the 3-4 days from Seattle to Canada before she headed to Alaska for the season. It was a great way to get a cruise fix. Personally, I liked the Radiance better than the Elation.

Of course just for fun sake, the Radiance itineraries have all been unavailable for booking for about a week. Coincidentally as of late this afternoon they are available again but at higher prices than before. You think RCCL knew Carnival was up to something?

The Chargers Fan Cruise is back! Mark your calendars for March 12-16, 2009 and join us as we head south of the border to Cabo San Lucas aboard Carnival Cruise Lines “Fun Ship”® the Elation, an exclusive offer from XXX Travel. Join Chargers players, alumni and staff on a 4-night cruise sailing from the port of San Diego. Enjoy refreshing pools, superb dining, Las Vegas style shows, group amenities and exclusive activities with your San Diego Chargers! Call your Travel Agent at (deleted) to book your fan cruise today! Rates start from $332 per person. Space is very limited so call now!

It looks to me as though they're still cruising to Cabo once in awhile. We're die-hard Charger fans, and this sounds like a blast!

-Brenda

according to carnival's website, the last 5 day is Feb 7, 2009. I don't get why Carnival wants two ships of the same class doing the same itinerary. And the itinerary is boring, Ensenada & Catalina Island??? zZzZzZzZzZz. Just move one of them back east to do a 7 day itinerary.(still hoping for the day when Carnival has a Fantasy-class ship does a 7 day caribbean). I'll be the first one to book it.

Hi all,

Sorry to say, but according to the Carnival web site, you can now book the new schedule. April 4 is now April 5-9 Catalina and Ensenada.

The Chargers Cruise dates now show a 3 night trip from March 12-15 and to Ensenada only. I have emailed the Chargers to see what's up, but all Cabo seems to be off as they said as of Feb.09. Royal will be the only way to Cabo under a week.

As a San Diegan, I like this move. No more Long Beach for me. I understand the other complaints though.

Catalina is a snooze port! Wow, you can rent a golf cart and tool about like a senior citizen in a gated rest community! ZZzzzzz!

Ensenda? The west coat's answer to Progresso!

It even isn't like a real cruise. The ship will put about catalina in circles at 1/3 speed!

Cabo is actually a place worth going to. The only purpose thse cruise serve is an expensive way to spend a couple of days drunk on a ship.

We have booked 2 staterooms, totall 8 people for Elation for Oct 26 2009....but your right on line this sailing dosn't show up.

What do they do for us, since we have paid 250.00 per person (almost paid off)

I am currenlty on hold with carnival, she can't fiqure it out, i have been on hold, for 20 min and no answer...

Do i have any way to get anything for the change?

As a San Diegan, I like this move. No more Long Beach for me. I understand the other complaints though.

My thoughts exactly. taking a nice quick 3 day cruise out of San Diego works for me, no more having to drive up to Long Beach for a quick fix.

I will surely miss Cabo on the shorter cruises but there is always that 7 day cruise out of San Diego on the Spirit that makes a stop at La Paz.

Fred

We have booked 2 staterooms, totall 8 people for Elation for Oct 26 2009....but your right on line this sailing dosn't show up.

What do they do for us, since we have paid 250.00 per person (almost paid off)

I am currenlty on hold with carnival, she can't fiqure it out, i have been on hold, for 20 min and no answer...

Do i have any way to get anything for the change?

I spoke to Carnival and was told "your cruise is not affected", Right....

I emailed my online 'agent' and they called Carnival and were told Yep, its changed...but at this point the Carnival rep could not say what they could do with the booking. My agent is going to call again tomorrow, but I think will either book with NCL again or try another Cruiseline. Sorry Carnival, I think you lost my business.

I checked RCCL, and the sad thing is that they are ALOT more for the 5 day saling.

Catlina is a terrible port..... we are not happy with the change in our booking, we are checking out other options!

I spoke to Carnival and was told "your cruise is not affected", Right....

I emailed my online 'agent' and they called Carnival and were told Yep, its changed...but at this point the Carnival rep could not say what they could do with the booking. My agent is going to call again tomorrow, but I think will either book with NCL again or try another Cruiseline. Sorry Carnival, I think you lost my business.

The Chargers Fan Cruise is back! Mark your calendars for March 12-16, 2009 and join us as we head south of the border to Cabo San Lucas aboard Carnival Cruise Lines “Fun Ship”® the Elation, an exclusive offer from XXX Travel. Join Chargers players, alumni and staff on a 4-night cruise sailing from the port of San Diego. Enjoy refreshing pools, superb dining, Las Vegas style shows, group amenities and exclusive activities with your San Diego Chargers! Call your Travel Agent at (deleted) to book your fan cruise today! Rates start from $332 per person. Space is very limited so call now!

It looks to me as though they're still cruising to Cabo once in awhile. We're die-hard Charger fans, and this sounds like a blast!

-Brenda

I got this email today too - and I just went to check the Chargers site about it... it's been updated to say:

Regretfully the itinerary for the Chargers Fan Cruise has been changed. Carnival is cancelling their 4 night sailing to Cabo beginning February 2009, hence impacting our group. Please check back for the updated details

Guess we'll have to wait see what they decide to do...

When I found out that the Elation was coming here to do these Cabo cruises I was sooo excited because we really enjoyed Cabo when we went on the Pride in Jan. of 2007. I am sooo glad we booked in October to do the 5 night to Cabo now.

However, I feel, like so many of you, that pulling the Elation off this Cabo Itin. is really odd. Why put another ship doing what locals consider a glorified cruise around "the harbor"? I mean, honestly! If they are gearing this to locals, I don't see the appeal. One ship doing it, yes...but two? Come on Carnival!!! We, here on the west coast, are STARVING for those shorter Itineraries that will give us something different besides a blow hole, a golf cart and going around in circles!

Having been a San Diegan for almost 30 years, I cruised once on the Mexican Riviera and twice to the Carribean and realized I would never be interested in a short cruise in CA (even if it went Cabo...better than Ensenada BY FAR...but not even CLOSE to the Bahamas!) So I looked for a job, got an offer and uprooted my family and moved across the country...all to feed this darn addiction!

:p :p :D

Archived