Things I learned at a Princess seminar

hc00010

New menus are being implemented with over 300 new recipes and they are in place on the Emerald, Crown, Royal, Caribbean, and Grand. By the end of this year, they will be in place on the Coral, Island, Star, Golden, and Ruby. By the end of '09, they will be in place on the Diamond, Sapphire, Sea, Tahitian, and Pacific.

There is a new Sabatini's menu on the Emerald, Crown, Royal, Grand, Diamond, and Sapphire. It will be in place by the end of this year on the Ruby, Star, and Caribbean. By the end of '09, it will be in place on the Golden, Coral, Island, Pacific, Tahitian, and Sea. There are also menu upgrades in places at Sterling's Steakhouse.

Chef's Table ($75.00 per person, includes wine and champagne, and cookbook worth $38.00) is now available on the Emerald, Crown, Caribbean, Star, Dawn, Sea, and Grand. By the end of 2008, it will be on the Golden and Ruby. By the end of '09, it will be on the Diamond, Sapphire, Island, Coral, Pacific, Tahitian, and Royal.

Coming throughout 2009, lemonade and waffle stations in buffet, evening canapes in various places (free), chilled face clothes, misting stewards, and free hot chocolate and buoillon on deck in Alaska.

Live entertainment in the Piazza.

More destination specific entertainment (folkloric shows, etc.)

New TV stations with ESPN, Sportscenter, and BBC World.

Fitness at sea with "Gillian Clark" pipied in to TV in cabin to work out in cabin.

Yoga for kids "Karma Kids". Also guest entertainers just for kids.

Launch of WIFI (for fee) to all staterooms.

On all Caribbean, Mexico, Panama Canal, and Hawaii cruises a golf pro will be on board. Nike club rentals and purchases. Golf simulators.

Just a few of the many interesting and exciting things coming up!

New menus are being implemented with over 300 new recipes and they are in place on the Emerald, Crown, Royal, Caribbean, and Grand. By the end of this year, they will be in place on the Coral, Island, Star, Golden, and Ruby. By the end of '09, they will be in place on the Diamond, Sapphire, Sea, Tahitian, and Pacific.

There is a new Sabatini's menu on the Emerald, Crown, Royal, Grand, Diamond, and Sapphire. It will be in place by the end of this year on the Ruby, Star, and Caribbean. By the end of '09, it will be in place on the Golden, Coral, Island, Pacific, Tahitian, and Sea. There are also menu upgrades in places at Sterling's Steakhouse.

Chef's Table ($75.00 per person, includes wine and champagne, and cookbook worth $38.00) is now available on the Emerald, Crown, Caribbean, Star, Dawn, Sea, and Grand. By the end of 2008, it will be on the Golden and Ruby. By the end of '09, it will be on the Diamond, Sapphire, Island, Coral, Pacific, Tahitian, and Royal.

Coming throughout 2009, lemonade and waffle stations in buffet, evening canapes in various places (free), chilled face clothes, misting stewards, and free hot chocolate and buoillon on deck in Alaska.

Live entertainment in the Piazza.

More destination specific entertainment (folkloric shows, etc.)

New TV stations with ESPN, Sportscenter, and BBC World.

Fitness at sea with "Gillian Clark" pipied in to TV in cabin to work out in cabin.

Yoga for kids "Karma Kids". Also guest entertainers just for kids.

Launch of WIFI (for fee) to all staterooms.

On all Caribbean, Mexico, Panama Canal, and Hawaii cruises a golf pro will be on board. Nike club rentals and purchases. Golf simulators.

Just a few of the many interesting and exciting things coming up!

Thank you! I love the idea of be able to do a fitness workout in my own cabin.

Pia

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of lemonade in the buffet -- I've missed that. Princess used to have it but did away with lemonade a few years ago. I also like the idea of WiFi in the cabins; that'll be a plus. And HAL has hot canapes from about 5 - 8PM in all lounges which I thought was a very nice touch. I'm glad to see that Princess is going that route as well.

On our Sapphire cruise in April/May, we got CNN (the U.S. version) and Fox News. Didn't get either on our Crown cruise in July.

Thanks for posting these. It's good to know that Princess is keeping up and is planning to implement some of the small things that are consistently on cruisers' wish lists and/or offered on other lines.

I've always thought Princess could do more local entertainment. I think that's a nice touch.

And hurray for the lemonade! And canapes!

Now if we could only get in-cabin access to our cruise accounts in order to view our statements, I'd be a very happy camper.....er, cruiser.

So the menu are on the Crown, Emerald, Caribbean P now? Or will it be sometime this fall?

Anyone sail yet with these new menus?

Looking forward to seeing what's new! I already have a cruise booked for Nov, but now I guess I'd better think about 2009 so I can check out the canapes.

You are welcome. I forgot to mention that the Ruby will have a new show with ballroom dance done to Broadway music, actually developed by the Dancing With The Stars people.

Sounds good to me. You think they'll have it on their 3rd voyage this Thanksgiving?

The lemonade, canopes, waffles and cool towels sound great!

Are the menus new again or are these the new menus that were introduced last year? We had the new menus on the CB last September of 07. They were different from our menus of 06.

I wonder if the choices on the menus for vegetarians is going to be improved upon. I just got back from Crown Princess and was disappointed with some of the vegetarian options. One day we ate in Horizon Court and the vegetable curry had pieces of ham in it! We found the vegetarian choices on Emerald Princess much better last year. Surely I am not in the minority these days.

Thank you! I love the idea of be able to do a fitness workout in my own cabin.

Pia

Guess you were in a more expensive cabin than we had. Seriously, i would have caused bodily harm if I tried to workout there.

Mrs2cats - my fiance and I are vegetarians as well. We noticed in the Horizon Court once with the potato salad that there were bacon bits in it...I'm kinda used to just being careful to be sure that there isn't meat in dishes when I'm eating in restaurants and such since I've had to do this for my whole life (I was raised as a vegetarian). We found that for the most part, there were always plenty of vegetarian options, especially in the dining room. We've always been super happy with Princess menus so hopefully the new menus still have plenty of vegetarian options!

I would think that with the Ruby having its inaugural in November, that the new items would be in place at its inception. Any thoughts? Very happy to hear about a new show on the Ruby. So glad that Piano Man won't be performed on the Ruby. Loved it the first time, liked it the second time, and out with the smelly fish by the third time. :D

How exciting! It's nice to see little upscale touches like the canapes, face cloths, and cocoa/bouillion implemented onboard.

Even though I haven't been on a Princess ship yet, I have the distinct feeling that after our November cruise, we'll be Princess loyalists!

I just got off the Grand on Monday and we were able to get the wifi in our cabin. I don't know if we were picking up the wifi signal from the nearby Horizon court (we were in an aft suite, B749) or if they have truly set it up to be in all cabins. In any case, it was very convenient.

Archived