Michael Phelp's Mom - Cicos Chique???

I just saw a story on Access Hollywood about Debbie Phelps.

Some marketing guy had an innovative idea... give Mom a wardrobe to wear while she was watching her son in the Olympics. Then all your outfits are in all the highlight videos and the clothes start flying off the shelf.

Great for Debbie, she go a free wardrobe for her trip. I really fell in love with her. You could tell that she was a really terrific Mom for Michael.

Who out there likes Chicos and noticed her clothes during the Olympics.

I just saw a story on Access Hollywood about Debbie Phelps.

Some marketing guy had an innovative idea... give Mom a wardrobe to wear while she was watching her son in the Olympics. Then all your outfits are in all the highlight videos and the clothes start flying off the shelf.

Great for Debbie, she go a free wardrobe for her trip. I really fell in love with her. You could tell that she was a really terrific Mom for Michael.

Who out there likes Chicos and noticed her clothes during the Olympics.

I like Chicos and I did notice her clothes. She looked wonderful everyday. Good for her if she got a free wardrobe. I thought she was one classy lady.

Laura

I probably buy about 90 % of my clothes from Chico's and knew right away that is what she was wearing .. on one night she was wearing a jacket I already owned !!!

Clever marketing idea because she certainly stood out as the fashion plate among the Olympic families.

Chico's make her size? Everything I look at is 0-6, or there abouts. We have a store here and they carry only smallers sizes. The catalogue looks about the same.

I wonder if Chico's does that a lot. My sisters' friend is married to Kirk Warner, who played for the Rams. Chico's was the only brand she wore.

I love Chico's, especially their dresses and jewelry, and I sell their clothes on ebay too. Their sizes can be confusing if you're not used to them, they run from 0 to 3. Zero is a Misses 2-4 and 3 is an XL, or 14-16. Their clothes are cut really well for hiding trouble spots, and are generously sized so they can fit larger sizes too. Their patterns and fabrics are great and they travel well. I saw Mrs. Phelps and she did look great, but I didn't realize she was outfitted by Chico's!

chicostopblupeac.jpg.a2f9f0b6ccbb6b1d306107e64f1e786b.jpg

I did not realize that Mike's mom was wearing Chico's either....but did think that she was very dressed up, as most of the parents had USA tees, jeans, wind suits, caps, etc. I see that she is now the "cover girl" for the "Debbie Phelps Collection" on the Chico's web site. Good for her !!!!!!! gg

a 10th Anniversary jacket for $1.00..yep a dollar..my sz..3...plus a tux bow tie..got 8 pcs one day total $36.00..and an upscale consign shop here has a sales clerk a 3 also..so, get her one season only stuff for about $10 to $15..just lovvve my Catholic Church shop!

I only remember seeing her head, not her clothes!

I have a few of their pieces, it's not always my style. I do wear some of their travelers stuff for casual nights on cruises simply because it's so easy to pack and coordinate.

I got a Zenergy suit for travel this year, it's more like sportswear though, I'll probably wear it on the plane since it feels like pajamas. I do like their C-wear when you can find it, the stuff is the softest material for sleeping in.

I'm so proud of Michael Phelps and very happy for his mother, they look so close and loving, what a delight to witness :)

Well after the millions of dollars that her son has made from these Olympics, she'll be able to afford to buy out the Chico's store! LOL!

I thought she looked nice during the Olympics, and don't think she looked more dressed up than the others in the stands, I just think she looked better.

I didn't realize that Chico's gave her a wardrobe for China. SMART marketing on their part as she's the perfect profile model for them in age, weight and travel needs. It was definitely a gold medal marketing choice!

Chico's make her size? Everything I look at is 0-6, or there abouts. We have a store here and they carry only smallers sizes. The catalogue looks about the same.

I wonder if Chico's does that a lot. My sisters' friend is married to Kirk Warner, who played for the Rams. Chico's was the only brand she wore.

Hi:) Chico's makes their sizes.....0, 1, 2, 3. I wear a 3 in most

items and I am a 14 in other clothing. Some of the the tops

I wear a 2. It just depends on the cut.

So yes, they carry larger sizes. Actually some of the collections

have a 2.5 and 3.5 sizing as well.

Kurt Warner? He still plays. Right now he is on the Arizona Cardinals

roster.

I love Chicos. I fluctuate between a 14-16 and can always find something flattering there. Their Traveler line is perfect for cruising.

I did notice Debbie's wardrobe and thought she always looked fantastic. What a great marketing plan that was!

Well I guess you'll never know what you might learn on cruise critic.

I have lost just over 90 lbs in the last year. A friend of mine gave me a pretty strange selection of hand me downs. Some are in great shape, some are junk. It's weird.

But anyway, some of the clothes she gave me were size 3. I had no idea why she gave me those as there is no way I will ever fit in a size 3. She has also never been a three. Now I know the reason. They are chicos.

Thanks

Well I guess you'll never know what you might learn on cruise critic.

I have lost just over 90 lbs in the last year. A friend of mine gave me a pretty strange selection of hand me downs. Some are in great shape, some are junk. It's weird.

But anyway, some of the clothes she gave me were size 3. I had no idea why she gave me those as there is no way I will ever fit in a size 3. She has also never been a three. Now I know the reason. They are chicos.

Thanks

CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss:D

I love Chicos and have purchased several pieces from their sale selection this weekend. Good for them for siezing that type of advertising. I would imagine that it would cost a million $$ to run commercials during the Olympics they've accomplished this for the cost of a new wardrobe.

I remember her - she DID look nice. I've liked a few pieces I've seen in Chico's (ditto for Coldwater Creek), but I CANNOT wear the clothes. They are cut way too big and boxy! Also, they still sell a lot of those broomstick skirts - been there, done that. A friend of mine who is about six feet tall and built proportionately to her height wears their clothes, though, and she looks beautiful in them.

I'm pretty angry with Chicos at the moment:cool: I received a gift card for my birthday, and when we made it to the closest mall that has a Chicos store (about 55 miles from my house) I found some items I liked--mostly clearance because I find their regular prices too high for clothing I'm not crazy about. I had been looking for a black knit skirt since my last one finally wore out (they're GREAT for travel) and I wanted something knee length. All they had were ones that were very full and hit me quite below the knee. I tried on about 4. Bought the one I liked the least--not on sale--$78. Went to Sears (same mall...As long as I had driven that far....) and found a great clearance piece--wrap skirt, black poly knit, knee length, $24. So I bought it, but stupid me--waited until I got home to try both on, see which I preferred. Sears for $24 won that particular battle:rolleyes: Didn't make it back to Chicos to return the other skirt. Finally, this weekend we were visiting family in Virginia and I knew they had a Chicos store nearby (they're the ones who gave me the gift card) so I brought the skirt with me and ran over to return it while my nieces were having nap time. Since it has been 41 days, they would only give me store credit (30 limit on refunds) Of course, they didn't have anything in that store I wanted. So now I have to find a way to get back to the freakin' mall and spend the $83 store credit they gave me:mad: Grrr!!! Which is why I hardly ever shop at places with a deadline on refunds!!! So consider this your word of warning--if you don't want it, bring it back within 30 days!!!

PS I got the email marketing blast from Chicos this morning with Debbie Phelps in it. Good for her and all, but it doesn't make me want to shop there any more...

Oh, good for Debbie Phelps! I wasn't aware of the Chico's thing and surprised I haven't read about it in our local papers. Debbie lives approximately 10 minutes from us and Michael's new home just as close, but in the opposite direction, so they're both very local. ;) He's planning to pump some big money into some much need swimming facilities in Baltimore and we couldn't be more grateful. A huge parade is being planned, (Katie Hoff included) but I haven't seen any details.

I couldn't be more thrilled for Michael and his family!

Good for her and very smart for Chicos! :D

Hoyaheel,

But if it was a Chico's gift card, then it's only good for Chico's merchandise in the first place right? So what's the difference whether it's a GC or a store credit?

Even if you returned it the next day, you'd still only get a Chico's credit, not cash.

What am I not understanding?

Oh, good for Debbie Phelps! I wasn't aware of the Chico's thing and surprised I haven't read about it in our local papers. Debbie lives approximately 10 minutes from us and Michael's new home just as close, but in the opposite direction, so they're both very local. ;) He's planning to pump some big money into some much need swimming facilities in Baltimore and we couldn't be more grateful. A huge parade is being planned, (Katie Hoff included) but I haven't seen any details.

I couldn't be more thrilled for Michael and his family!

Good for her and very smart for Chicos! :D

He's getting between 3 -5 million dollars from Speedo and I just saw him on TV touting Hilton (or Marriott?), so he'll make some big bucks on those....and other endorsements.

I'm thrilled to see he's donating a bunch to a local swimming facility. Good for him for Giving Back!

Now I wanna see a fashion spread with Torres! She's hot!

Hoyaheel,

But if it was a Chico's gift card, then it's only good for Chico's merchandise in the first place right? So what's the difference whether it's a GC or a store credit? Even if you returned it the next day, you'd still only get a Chico's credit, not cash. What am I not understanding?

Sorry--I left out the part about spending twice as much as was on the original gift card during my first shopping spree, so I did spend my own cold hard cash, which is now just a store credit.

Archived