Airtrans Airways

gettingmarried

Excellent airline. My line of choice. Young fleet of planes. Profitable for 8 or 9 consecutive years. Ranked #1 for service and baggage handling. Staff, air and ground seem to feel like part of a TEAM.

it is AirTran- not only do they have a very good airline, they have very reasonable fares if you do your homework, it is about 1 hour 40 minutes to Atlanta, (if you connect), about 1 hour 20 minutes to FLL; sit back, plug your headphones into XM Radio and enjoy the ride!!:D

I am fortunate enough to live near an airport serviced by SouthWest & AirTrans and lately AirTrans has had better fares for me. I also like the fact that AirTrans does proide listening entertainment on their aircraft whereas SouthWest does not( at least on their flights I have been on recently)

I've been generally happy with the AirTran flights I've been on and they usually give Southwest a run for their money on fares out of Indianapolis ... and having an assigned seat is kind of nice ... though you either have to pay or wait until you check-in for that assignment.

Have flown Airtran a number of times and never had a complaint. You can also upgrade to business class for a reasonable price if available. Only down side is you may end up going through Atlanta and be careful of tight connections if you do stop in Atlanta on Airtran. They have gates in C and D terminal and if you have to go between them on a tight timeframe it can get dicey.

Hi:) I flew Airtran from Orlando down to San Juan back in

March and everything was fine and a great price to boot:D

I will be flying with them again in January.:)

We like flying Airtran from Buffalo to Florida but just geep watching your flights in case they make changes to your flights. They cancelled our outgoing flight two months before our flight last Feb and put us on the last flight out of the day, which wasn't acceptable to me. But they were very good about letting me choose another flight that would work ok for us.

We have used them a few times to fly from Mpls to FL. Last trip to FLL for a cruise had some bumps, but nothing that was Air Tran's fault and they treated us well. We couldn't depart Mpls because our terminal in Atlanta had no electricity. Our flight was cancelled and it was just a mess at the airport. Some people took the offer of free hotel rooms and food vouchers to fly out the next day. Our problem was we were meeting friends in FLL that day and boarding our cruise the next day.

After a few hours, Air Tran was able to get us on a flight arriving in Sarasota and offered to pay for a vehicle rental and gas to get us to FLL. Since there were 4 of us - and tons of suitcases - we needed the largest SUV we could get. After the 5 hour drive across the state, we finally arrived at our hotel - 12 hours later than expected. When we got to our hotel room, we realized we were missing a suitcase. Again, I don't think it was Air Tran's fault - we sent the teens to get the luggage while we secured the rental car in Sarasota and I think the teens missed it.

Ait Tran found the missing bag and had it delivered to our ship prior to leaving the dock even though they had to fly it from Sarasota-Atlanta-FLL.

We were also given free round trip air to use within the year. Since this happened last November, we are using the free tickets to get us to our cruise in October.

Archived