Bars with windown looking out on to the sea

DH and I are looking into cruising on either the Explorer or the Freedom. Do either of these ships have bars/lounges that face the water with windows for viewing the open seas. My DH loves to sit in a bar at night with a drink watching the night time seas. He was able to do this on the Jewel last spring, and want to be able to do it on our next cruise as well.

The bars in the viking crown lounge an Schooner Bar usually offer this.

Our cruise on the Vision in 2005 we could not use the Schooner Bar very long. They had just oiled the ropes (decoration) the week before and it stunk. From what a nautical friend of mine told me, occaisionally you have to do that to keep the ropes looking good, otherwise they dry out and rot, especially in the salt air of the sea.

Thanks for the info. This is something really important to hubby. He is not a big drinker, but loved a late night drink in the Schooner Bar area on the Jewel this past March. He enjoyed watching the world go by, and observing the occasional cruise ship in the distant sea at night.

IMHO.....you really cant see the ocean very well from any of the bars on Explorer AT NIGHT....Schooner is Deck 4 and you cant really see over the deck between Schooner and the rails nearest the ocean.

We usually take a nightcap back to our balcony cabin. DH & I also LOOOOOVE to look out at night into the deep darkness and watch the ocean. The only place for us to really be able to enjoy doing that is on our balcony. We just cant get close enough from any bar on board. ( Viking Crown affords you the highest vantage point, is great during the day, but tough to see the ocean at night)

Thanks for this update on the bars on the Explorer DH really enjoys the view from inside at night - I guess we were spoiled by the Jewel. We do get a balcony, but there was something special about the views from the Scooner Cove on the Jewel.

What about the Freedom Class? Or any other class that may offer this type of a view?

Thanks for this update on the bars on the Explorer DH really enjoys the view from inside at night - I guess we were spoiled by the Jewel. We do get a balcony, but there was something special about the views from the Scooner Cove on the Jewel.

What about the Freedom Class? Or any other class that may offer this type of a view?

I just took a look at the Deck Plans for Jewel and now I know exactly what you mean (errr I think!). Schooner on Jewel looks like it looks RIGHT OUT onto the Ocean and there is no deck between the glass and views......Champagne bar too.....hmmm I wonder if Im looking at it right....it REALLY makes me want to sail the Radiance class now!!! Even tho we sail in a Balcony that could be a wow factor for me too.

We just got off Liberty and can say we missed the views from some of the bars. Boleros looks over the tenders and no view from champagne bar. Loved the ship but did miss some of the great views we had on Jewel. Viking Lounge( Olive or Twist) was the best place for views on Liberty.

Archived