How to tell when the cruise has started

pulledporky

What's that one thing that tells you "The cruise has started"?

For me, it's the first sight of that person in blue shorts and white shirt walking up to me on the Lido deck with a tray full of hot pink plastic souviner cups and offering me my first of many DOD. :D :D

Oh yeaaaaah. That gets two more smilies :D :D

When I step aboard I get this invisible curtain between the real world and were I am...it's a feeling, like you just switch gears entirely - the cell phone gets turned off (I don't care that it works - I tell people it doesn't), nobody and nothing can bother me, I am incommunicado for days (of course I leave emergency contact info with a friend who would never call unless it was truely important)...

I step on the ship, the curtain goes up, and I am officially on VACATION....:D

I have to say the gangway is the point for me. I can sit in the terminal for hours but it is walking the way on the gangway that does it for me. It is the thrill of the beginning of the cruise that gets me in the mood.

I have to say the gangway is the point for me. I can sit in the terminal for hours but it is walking the way on the gangway that does it for me. It is the thrill of the beginning of the cruise that gets me in the mood.

Is the Gangway,the smell, that AC coming to your face lol

my first thought..was the gangway...BUT-then I realized I do not feel totally "there" till I have dropped off my stuff in the cabin and then go up on deck...then I feel relaxed and stress free and ready for my cruise..:)

I'm thrilled from the moment I arrive at the terminal, but for me, it begins as soon as the muster drill is over and we put our lifejackets back in the closet. Usually by then I've already unpacked all our luggage, so from there on out it's nothing but fun and relaxation for 5 or 7 days!

My DH starts saying, We're on vacation ... the moment we leave our home. But, I see his body and mind relax into cruise mode as he stands by the rail with his Xth DOD in his hand, watching land disappear as the ship heads for sea. He doesn't leave that rail until he can't see the port any longer, and that's when he's in cruise mode.

I'm in cruise mode when I see the ship in port!

Archived