How to tell when the cruise has started

pulledporky

For me it's when I have that S&S card in my hand, knowing the waiting is finally over. Just a short walk, scan of my card, snap of a picture and I'm there.

Leaving ALL my troubles BEHIND! :D :D :D

Yeah, this is it for me too! :)

Our cruise begins just minutes after we awake on the day of the cruise and I grab the movie camera to record for posterity the date, time and ship name for the cruise. Then, however, I get an excitement burst as we leave the drive for our trip to the pier. That first sight of the ship ............. WOW! When we get in line at the pier, it happens again. Certainly as we cross the gangway, that warm feeling sets in. First time in the cabin is memorable. Putting on the life jackets gives me a glow. Hey, you know what? I'm always excited on a cruise!

my first thought..was the gangway...BUT-then I realized I do not feel totally "there" till I have dropped off my stuff in the cabin and then go up on deck...then I feel relaxed and stress free and ready for my cruise..:)

jaja, I think that is what signals it for me also. I put the house and car keys, wallet and cell phone in the safe and then it is back on deck and the cruise has officially started for me.

All vacations begin with the PING of the SnS card on the ship, thats when I am on vacation.

I usually want nothing more than to be one of the 1st on the ship, then get a drink at the atrium bar and watch everyone else as they relax when they board...

The excitment starts the morning of, and builds all day untill all the paperwork is done, photo snapped, dod and food, stuff in our room, muster over. Then it happens the ship moves we are underway, there is no turning back we are officially on a cruise the ship is moving, the drinks are flowing, and the stress of life is left at the pier.

It starts when my alarm goes off at about 4:00 a.m. Then it grows when my flight takes off. After that it increases when I get in the taxi that takes me to the port. And then I hand off my luggage to a porter and I know that it is really real. I check in and get my welcome aboard pic taken and I can feel the excitement mounting. As I step foot on the ship I look up at the atrium and I know for sure that I am on vacation and everything else just disappears. When I head to the buffet for lunch and see everyone else who is in the same frame of mind that I am, then I REALLY know that I am on a cruise. :)

For me, I am on vacation as soon as my number is called for boarding because I know that the ship is only a few minutes away! That feeling simply gets reaffirmed at certain points. When I walk onto the ship, when I get my first dod, when I go to muster drill and sailaway, when I wake up the next morning and all I can see is water!

Usually it's when I drop all the carry-on luggage in the room and finally feel unburdened. This time, with young Mr. I-Wanna-Go-On-The-Boat-Hotel, I have a feeling it's going to be the gangway. Or the picture. Or getting the S&S card. Or driving up. Or leaving the afternoon before.

What's that one thing that tells you "The cruise has started"?

For me, it's the first sight of that person in blue shorts and white shirt walking up to me on the Lido deck with a tray full of hot pink plastic souviner cups and offering me my first of many DOD. :D :D

Oh yeaaaaah. That gets two more smilies :D :D

the minute someone says Welcome to xxx cruise line....

Nita

Archived