How to tell when the cruise has started

pulledporky

For me it is when we slip down the hall to our cabin before 1:30. We find our cabin and drop off our carry on bags and I push open my balcony door and step out onto what will be my own little piece of Heaven for the next week.

The sounds of the dock as the ship is being loaded. Watching all the other cruisers, their happiness filling the air so intoxicating it's impossible to be in a bad mood. The smell of the ocean.

Yepp, my balcony. That's when I know I am truly cruising.:)

My vacation will start September 4th at around 9pm when I leave for the airport!!!!! The cruise will start when the bus picks us up to go to the port!!!!!!

Somehow, the first thing I always do is toss my stuff on the bed and run out onto the balcony and then I know I am on holidays!!!!!!!

I love everybody's answers - they all make me smile! Then again, we're heading out first thing in the morning for our next cruise, so I'm smiling anyway! :D For me though, my cruise mode kicks in when I walk out on the Lido and get my first drink of the day. (But getting the S&S card was a close second!)

For me it comes on in stages. I start to relax on the gangway, but there's still so much to do. When I hit the buffet, it really kicks in. Once the lifeboat drill ends and I have nothing better to do than relax with the DOD, I become utterly serene. Wow, just back today and I can't wait to go again!!

For me its the smell of the Lido deck. The wood the salt air, and the pools I know I'm on a cruise

Too funny! I thought I was the only one who associated smells with things. For me it's the atrium as soon as we board - there's a certain scent to it. I said something to DH as we stepped onboard our last cruise about how all the ships had a certain smell to them as you walked in that made me think that I was officially on vacation. He thought I was crazy. Don't know if it's the carpet cleaner or the wood varnish or what, but it's been the same on each ship so far and makes me think - ahhhh, vacation finally.

I will let yall know a week from tomorrow ... nope make that 2 weeks and a day from tomorrow .... when I get home.

I think it is turning off the cell phone (after I have made at least 1 - you know where I am at call) while on my balcony.

What's that one thing that tells you "The cruise has started"?

For me, it's the first sight of that person in blue shorts and white shirt walking up to me on the Lido deck with a tray full of hot pink plastic souviner cups and offering me my first of many DOD. :D :D

Oh yeaaaaah. That gets two more smilies :D :D

When I get my first glimps of my ship from a distance.

Fred

This is the same for me, the photo -its the one I always buy probably because we have the biggest smiles knowing the cruise is starting! Karon:D

For me, it's the embarkation photo (#1) - then the gangway (#2) and finally that WONDERFUL 10-15 minutes heading out to open water, waving at all the folks lined up on shore!(#3).

Archived