Need advice from veteran Princess cruisers

frito58

We are going to be in San Juan the week before Easter for my wife's job, great job huh, and was wanting to catch a cruise while we were there. The one that really looks the best to us is on the Caribbean Princess, but the prices are so high. I know it's the week leading up to Easter April 5th. My question do you think those prices will stay that high, we have never cruised around a major holiday so I have never really paid much attention to prices. We have never sailed Princess either , 4 on Carnival and 2 on RCI, but would really like to give her a try the ships looks great. Any other thoughts you have would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help and I hope to become a Princess regular.

They might be a little higher than usual because of the spring break period, but I wouldn't call those prices that high -- of course, I'm usually paying the single supplement, so the per person double occupancy rates always look ridiculously cheap to me! Usually the holidays that Princess really charges more for are the Christmas/New Years period, not so much Easter. Having said that, you can almost always find better deals on Princess with TAs than you can with some of the other lines that don't allow discounting, so don't take the prices on Princess's website as the final word -- shop around and you'll definitely do better.

I really don't think the prices will drop since this is a prime period to cruise.

If you really want to cruise, then book it.

If you don't really have to cruise, then you can wait and see if any last minute specials materialize.

BTw, we are booke on that cruise for March 15--I don't think the prices you're being quoted are any higher....

As the others have said, the prices will probably not drop; and, I don't think I'd wait for a flash sale since those usually happen only if a cruise isn't selling or it's a less popular time of the year to cruise. It's more likely that prices will increase. :(

The problem is I can wait until about Nov. but the way my job works we have to pick vacations for the year then. So I will have to decide soon, no we don't have to cruise, we just liked the itinerary of that cruise, but you guys have helped,sounds as if I can find a good price now I can live with I better take it. Thanks for all of the responses.

The problem is I can wait until about Nov. but the way my job works we have to pick vacations for the year then. So I will have to decide soon, no we don't have to cruise, we just liked the itinerary of that cruise, but you guys have helped,sounds as if I can find a good price now I can live with I better take it. Thanks for all of the responses.

When you cruise that close to a holiday the prices seldom drop. Taking the cruse eariler is a good idea. Also be aware holiday cruises bring lots of children, nothing kills a romantic time faster that screaming brats.

When you cruise that close to a holiday the prices seldom drop. Taking the cruse eariler is a good idea. Also be aware holiday cruises bring lots of children, nothing kills a romantic time faster that screaming brats.

Anytime in March/April you will have kids on a cruise because of spring break. Princess does a good job of controlling kids with their security kid patrol. So no screaming brats! And that is one reason why prices are higher during that time. It is a prime cruisin' time.

I agree with Beagle, the kid patrol did a great job of watching out for misbehaving kids. I was on the Grand over Christmas last year- they did a great job! By far better then other cruise lines that I have been on. That is what I noticed.

The most expensive thing I noticed about most Puerto Rico sailings is the airfare to get to P.R! If the sailing is what you want, the ports what you want- Go for it! You'll have a great time!

If you want to you can check other lines to see what their costs are for those same dates from San Juan. Enjoy Puerto Rico!

Gabrielle

We figured there would be extra kids that week, I have been shopping around found a couple of places that were a few bucks cheaper. We really like the looks of this cruise so I'll probably bite the bullet and go for it. My wifes airfare will be paid for as well as a hotel room so that offsets some of the cost.

One other thing does anyone have any thoughts on aft balconys on Princess. We really like them on RCI, the 2 I found available on this cruise are next to the vent, I have read good and bad , just wanted some more opinions. Thanks for everyones input.

Why don't you consider booking a guarantee cabin in the category you want to pay for? This way you may be upgraded. One of my friends booked an oceanview and got upgraded to a balcony for her Alaska cruise coming up in a week.

Archived