Soft Drinks

Sunshinecrew

You can buy a soda card for $21.70 for "20 glasses" - which means 10 cans. Often you may get the flat, left-over half can from the last customer of your choice of drink. IMO it's better to buy by-the-can ($2.00+15% service charge) or always use two punches from the card each time so will get the full can. Or just bring on a 12-pack of soda from every port. It's allowed! :)

You can buy a soda card for $21.70 for "20 glasses" - which means 10 cans. Often you may get the flat, left-over half can from the last customer of your choice of drink. IMO it's better to buy by-the-can ($2.00+15% service charge) or always use two punches from the card each time so will get the full can. Or just bring on a 12-pack of soda from every port. It's allowed! :)

Thanks. I don't remember there being a limit when I was on Princess.

If you like diet coke pick up couple cases near the port and take them on the ship with you. We always plan on 2-3 sodas per day in the cabin and pack accordingly.

HAL does permit you to bring soft drinks, bottled water, and wine on the ship

Ruth & Jim

Maybe someday HAL will wake up and return to the using the unlimited sticker.

That was wonderful. It didn't work because groups of people would share one sticker. We once saw a family of 5 each getting one soda coming back and another one take the card and go get their soda.

We are two and always purchased two but the few ruined it for the many:(

That was wonderful. It didn't work because groups of people would share one sticker. We once saw a family of 5 each getting one soda coming back and another one take the card and go get their soda.

We are two and always purchased two but the few ruined it for the many:(

So very true.

We don't drink sodas of any nature, but we were sitting at the pool bar a few years ago and watched while each family came up to get a soda -- the others were standing off to the side -- as each person got their can (in those days) the card was passed onto the next person.

Naturally we said nothing -- but I can certainly see why HAL stopped this and moved to the cards to be punched.

Hey Jim u said "HAL does permit you to bring soft drinks, bottled water, and wine on the ship". Does HAL charge a cork fee for the wine & can you bring on board 2 enjoy in your cabin ?? Thank You Vinny

Not that we have ever been charged. We do not flaunt it though.

The sodas are primarily for room use and the water is for when we go ashore.

When we take a bottle of wine to the dining room we pay the corkage fee/.

Ruth & Jim

I can certainly see why HAL stopped this and moved to the cards to be punched.

We always buy one card per person when on HAL or Princess, but are people more honest on Princess? Why was the sharing a problem on HAL and why is it not on Princess? Is there some methodology used that's different that I don't remember?? Just wondering....

Robin

We always buy one card per person when on HAL or Princess, but are people more honest on Princess? Why was the sharing a problem on HAL and why is it not on Princess? Is there some methodology used that's different that I don't remember?? Just wondering....

Robin

I was really surprised when we went on Princess in May and they still had the unlimited soda card. I had just assumed that since HAL and Princess are both "Carnival Corp" cruiselines, they would both have the same soda card policy.

I know the change was made within the last two years on HAL. When we sailed Westerdam in October 2006, we had the unlimited soda cards, however when we sailed her in December 2007, the program had been changed and we had the soda punch cards.

We did make the stop prior to entering Port Everglades to purchase Diet Coke to take onboard. A much better deal than purchasing onboard...however we only used our own soda in the stateroom. When we were in public areas we used our soda cards.

On Statendam in January this year they were 'charging' one punch per can. We considered this good value.

I'd say it was great value! I would love to have that happen to me. :D

As it is, even if I were paying a bit more when I use the card, I think it's worth it for the ease of use.

As it is, even if I were paying a bit more when I use the card, I think it's worth it for the ease of use.

I absolutely agree, Ruth. I wouldn't want to be running back to my stateroom every time I wanted a Diet Coke. We sometimes bring soda on with us which we drink when in our stateroom, but most of the time we don't because we find the cards so much more convenient.

Robin

So very true.

We don't drink sodas of any nature, but we were sitting at the pool bar a few years ago and watched while each family came up to get a soda -- the others were standing off to the side -- as each person got their can (in those days) the card was passed onto the next person.

Naturally we said nothing -- but I can certainly see why HAL stopped this and moved to the cards to be punched.

That was the "Cheapskate" Family

jlvn864l.jpg

I absolutely agree, Ruth. I wouldn't want to be running back to my stateroom every time I wanted a Diet Coke. We sometimes bring soda on with us which we drink when in our stateroom, but most of the time we don't because we find the cards so much more convenient.

Robin

I didn't mean that, although I would never consider bringing my own as easy!

What I meant was that there is some effort involved in keeping all those purchase slips in order and proofing out the bill when it comes. There was one cruise I took when the price of the card had increased, and that added a couple of pennies to the equivalent cost of a can of soda. I thought it was still worth it.

On my last cruise I found I had to pay an additional $0.10 per drink if I used the cocktail card. Again, I thought it was worth it.

I didn't mean that, although I would never consider bringing my own as easy!

What I meant was that there is some effort involved in keeping all those purchase slips in order and proofing out the bill when it comes. There was one cruise I took when the price of the card had increased, and that added a couple of pennies to the equivalent cost of a can of soda. I thought it was still worth it.

On my last cruise I found I had to pay an additional $0.10 per drink if I used the cocktail card. Again, I thought it was worth it.

Oh. Heh. I'm having a particularly blonde day today. :o Sorry.

Robin

Can anyone tell me what sodas HAL offers? I'd like to know if Diet DP is on the list (probably not :( )

You're right---it's not.

HAL has Coke products. This include Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke.

ok....might as well ask this too....how about COKE ZERO??

I can't be sure. :confused: I know I've had it, and that it must have been on a cruise. But I don't remember if that was the version for Diet Coke in that location, or what the story was.

Remember, in some places the diet version is called "Coke Light".

I can't be sure. :confused: I know I've had it, and that it must have been on a cruise. But I don't remember if that was the version for Diet Coke in that location, or what the story was.

Remember, in some places the diet version is called "Coke Light".

Diet Coke is called Coke Light in most non English speaking Countries of Europe, here in Ireland and over in the U.K it is known as Good old Diet Coke.

Personally I hate Coke Zero:( , but live on Diet Coke:) hope they will have it on Oosterdam in March, better bring some on just to make sure:D ,LOL

Diet Coke is called Coke Light in most non English speaking Countries of Europe, here in Ireland and over in the U.K it is known as Good old Diet Coke.

And sometimes it's called this :D :

2403671700095180459S600x600Q85.jpg

Robin (from our Korean Air Flight a while back)

Archived