A Tanzania Land Question

jmlh

I realize this is a cruise forum but are hoping that I can get some information from a well travelled group. Next summer DH & I want to do a land tour (safari) to Tanzania (and possibly Kenya). Would anyone be able to suggest a reputable tour opperator? We want to travel in July for about 2 weeks. Many thanks for any information.:)

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Kenya and Tanzania last summer to see the Migration of the Wildebeests. The trip was spectacular. We used Sandi atAfricaSerendipity in New York. The arrangements were impeccable. She uses Chellie and Peacock in Kenya and Roy Safari in Tanzania - both local operators.

The Fodors Africa forum is very active with people who have been again and again to Africa. I found they really helped me on both our tours of south africa as well as Kenya and Tanzania the following year.

I wanted the custom safari experience both times rather than being part of a group. We did have to share the vehicle on occasion but that worked out ok.

Let me know if you have any questions - if you give me your email address I can give you some details and access to our pictures as well.

We live in Unionville, Ontario.

Miriam

We used a great company that we found via recommendations on the Fodors web site. The web site is http://www.goodearthtours.com and we took their Migration Safari in Tanzania. They have loads of suggested itineraries, mainly in Tanzania and Kenya. We opted for a private safari, for just the two of us, which was surprisingly affordable. My husband posted his photos on his web site - http://www.pbase.com/michaelblum/tanzania_african_safari

Archived