Trying to get to Diamond (booking a JS+ or 2 smaller?)

After this cruise (6 weeks!) we will have 8 credits. We will book on board for next Fall Break (2009). So far, we've always cruised with a JS or higher and received the 2 credits.

If I wanted to book 2 rooms (possible Promenade as we're considering AOS and I don't like those balconies as much) I know I'd have to book DH in one w/one child and me in the other w/the other child.

Would we all end up with just 9 credits that way or can we get 1 for each room and make it to Diamond with 10? The cost of a JS would be equivalent to these 2 rooms, but I don't think that part matters.

TIA!

You do NOT have to put 1 adult in each room. I'd prefer 2 rooms to one-- more privacy! And, more bathrooms!

RCI just wants to make sure there IS an adult to take care of the kids--as long as it's your children, you can book yourself into 1 room, and the kids into another. They can be either connecting, or just "close-by".

There's no need to go through all this re-arranging of cabins and keys!

You would only get 1 cruise credit even if you booked 2 rooms. To get 2 credits for the same sailing you would have to sail in a JS or higher (or sail on a 12 night or longer cruiser).

Thank you, that's what I thought! Ok, one more "bigger" room for all of us to get us to Diamond, then we can start the smaller/adjoining ones.

Thank you, that's what I thought! Ok, one more "bigger" room for all of us to get us to Diamond, then we can start the smaller/adjoining ones.

We just made it to Diamond and for our Mariner cruise booked for next October, we booked a JS for DH and I and a connecting D1 for the kids. We still get our 2 credits, but the kids get their own cabin. With the balcony discount for the kids, it was not much more to get the aft D1 than it was to get an inside. Now we'll have 2 balconies!

Debbi

It sounds like Diamond is your goal, rather than the comfort of all.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!

Rick

We just made it to Diamond and for our Mariner cruise booked for next October, we booked a JS for DH and I and a connecting D1 for the kids. We still get our 2 credits, but the kids get their own cabin. With the balcony discount for the kids, it was not much more to get the aft D1 than it was to get an inside. Now we'll have 2 balconies!

Debbi

Just out of curiosity: how old are your kids?

Archived