carnival Valor internet using my own laptop

liz000

carnival Valor internet using my own laptop

How is the internet working on carniva l valor . using my own laptop anybody has taken the laptop and used insted of using internet cafe. how much are they charging per minute thanks for any info:D

Charges are the same for either laptop or internet cafe. Initial setup fee of $3.95 and then pay as you go @ $.75/min. or purchase a package for less. rates are available on the Carnival website in the FAQ area. EM

Can't remember how much it was...there were different packages. But wi-fi is very slow... we used up half our minutes just getting connected!

The next time.... we left out laptops at home, and used the internet cafe.

The ship uses satellite to connect to the internet and the ship is moving most of the time. The connection is very S..L..O..W (think old time dialup) and frequently loses connections. If you have infinite patience, lots of $$$$ and can handle rejection, then you will have a great experience! Actually it is not that bad - perhaps a little over reaction :rolleyes:

You are on vacation, so kick back and enjoy yourself. Whatever happens you can read about it when you get home. If you must though, go to an internet cafe on shore and use their computers or take your laptop and hook into their connection. It will be way cheaper, faster and more satisfying. :)

Incidentally a little known fact has just been circulated around the internet. DHS (Immigration and customs) has the right to take your laptop, cell phone, iPod or other electronic device and copy everything on it while you wait!

Two years ago while reentering the country, I was selected at random for a luggage search. They found my digital camera and proceeded to view every picture on it while I waited. They found the pictures so amusing that they were passing it around. What they found so interesting in mundane pictures of nature was beyond me.

I usually take my laptop-but only for keeping up my journal in Word. Sometimes I'll download photos if I've take a lot.

I tried once to use the internet on my laptop but the connection was SOOOOOO slow that 3/4 minutes went buy before I was connected. Then, every time you hit "enter", it was anothe coupla minutes. So, knocked that off, fer sure.

I wait until I'm in port somewhere then go to an internet cafe and do any emailing that might be necessary.

Archived