I bet the crew will have some stories to tell on this one!!!

So according to the YOLO website, sexual acts will be permitted in staterooms and "designated playrooms". I wonder which sorts of rooms on the Carnival Legend will be the "designated playrooms". There are no suites larger than a Cat 12; I wonder if they mean any sort of public rooms. Maybe the Supper Club will turn into a playroom.

Well, as the OP said---I bet the crew will be having an interesting April 26th cruise. I also bet that most folks sailing on May 3, 2009 will not have a clue of what they followed.....:D

Leslie

There actually is a very large swingers group on the Nov. 16th sailing of the Vision/Mexican Riviera. :eek: A few people from that roll call have been complaining on our roll call about it.

The group has special activities planned and there will be a topless deck for sunbathing. Here is the link to their website about the cruise. It gave our roll call hours of something to laugh and chat about.:) Of course, that group isn't on our sailing!:D

http://frenchconnectionevents.com/about_mexcruise.php

The charter is one thing but a large group such as this on an open sailing would not be disclosed by the cruise line. Others booked on board would be forced to share their vacation with this group even if they find that lifestyle repugant.

That's why cruise lines should list large groups on board so people can decide if they are compatible. Some love the Paula Deen cooking cruises, some Nicolodeon but some just want a non-themed week to relax !

I think its good that a lifestyle of people who have caused quite a disturbance on these boards has chosen to charter. That speaks a lot about the people who are organizing this. As far as all the "eww and eeks", how much more activity do you think this group will have as compaired to, say, a group of honeymooners?

I think its good that a lifestyle of people who have caused quite a disturbance on these boards has chosen to charter. That speaks a lot about the people who are organizing this. As far as all the "eww and eeks", how much more activity do you think this group will have as compaired to, say, a group of honeymooners?

Honeymooners tend to stay in their own room. I am curious about the designated playrooms. :D

Leslie

The group that is sailing on the Vision has booked the Royal Suite as their "hospitality suite". That's what they're calling their main get-together, anything goes room. They've also booked most of the suites also. They have well over 200 couples sailing who are involved in the alternative lifestyle.

They are advertising private parties in the disco on more than 1 night, other private functions, a private topless deck, and are even trying to get the Quest changed to suit their "lifestyle". I personally don't care what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms, and if they want to enjoy an alternative lifestyle, hey, more power to them...but when they start to infringe on my vacation by having private functions that limit my use of the ship, that's when it irks me a little bit.

I would personally like to know if a large group is on my sailing. That way I would know going in that I might not have use of the whole ship, and I could choose a different sailing.

I applaud the YOLO group for Chartering a ship...that's what these types of groups need to do. Then they have the freedom to do just about whatever they please.

As far as all the "eww and eeks", how much more activity do you think this group will have as compaired to, say, a group of honeymooners?

Heck, on one cruise we had over 200 honeymoon couples. You should've heard all the jokes being told then - it's nothing compared to what's been said on this thread.

I was just browsing the French Connections website and in their FAQ section I came across this:

CAN WE GET TOPLESS?

Yes! There is a topless deck on the ship for those that want to get that "topless tan". There are no "European" or nude sunbathing areas (ALTHOUGH WE DO LIKE TO LIE NAKED ON OUR BALCONY).:eek:

I'm trying to picture that while having my morning coffee and breakfast on my balcony. Oops, I think I just vomited in my mouth!:eek::D

Of course if it's "one hot mama", my DH would be in Heaven!

Nude around the pools...ok....they can hose those chairs off. I just hope undergarments are required elsewhere. Not bashing anyones lifestyle choices here just don't want to think about the cleanliness issues after a huge swingers party in the Schooners bar.... :eek: .

Wonder if CCL will enforce the dining room dress code? :eek:

I has the same thought as others, it would really stink to book on this cruise by mistake, for me especially since DD likes to be on the cruise with us, and at 8 she would be too young for exposure to these kind of folks showing it all off.

The group that is sailing on the Vision has booked the Royal Suite as their "hospitality suite". That's what they're calling their main get-together, anything goes room. They've also booked most of the suites also. They have well over 200 couples sailing who are involved in the alternative lifestyle.

They are advertising private parties in the disco on more than 1 night, other private functions, a private topless deck, and are even trying to get the Quest changed to suit their "lifestyle". I personally don't care what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms, and if they want to enjoy an alternative lifestyle, hey, more power to them...but when they start to infringe on my vacation by having private functions that limit my use of the ship, that's when it irks me a little bit.

I would personally like to know if a large group is on my sailing. That way I would know going in that I might not have use of the whole ship, and I could choose a different sailing.

I applaud the YOLO group for Chartering a ship...that's what these types of groups need to do. Then they have the freedom to do just about whatever they please.

I hope that is not limited to the alternative lifestyle groups.

Everyone is saying EWWWW like swingers are all some kinky, crazy, dirty people. There are a lot of people that you probably KNOW that you'd be surprised to find out they're swingers. It's usually the ones you least expect. I have a coworker that is a tiny, mild mannered, quiet woman and I was FLOORED when another coworker told me that she's a swinger. I think a swinger cruise would no doubt be different, but I don't think there's going to be mustard all over the walls and goats left onboard when they're done. They're just people who like to have sex with people other than their spouses.

Okay I had to comment...

It's not my cup of tea but... They have chartered the ship, so ultimately if you don't like it don't go. As for the hygienic issues people are having. If you think about it I bet the swingers are much more conscious about keeping things sanitary than your typical honeymooners or drunken hookups on the ship during regular sailings.

But one thing I did notice on their site was "For Couples & single females only". Isn't that a bit sexist for what one would think to be a open group?

Acutally I feel sorry for the crew if they have no choice in the matter. Of course I dont know what policy Carnival would have in effect for this cruise. But what if the crew members find something like this morally offensive? Its not as if they signed on to work on a swingers cruise line knowing full well what they were getting into. For instance if I took a job at a chain rest. such as Ruby Tuesdays I would know that there are going to be different types of parties held where I work--birthdays, retirements, business lunches ect... these are to be expected at this type of business. But if my boss came in one day and said ok, tonight is swigers night, we need everyone to be here--I would have an issue, I didn't choose to work in a swingers club, I chose to work in a family style rest., that's what i'm expecting within reason. Im just wondering if they have a right to opt out of something like this without penalty if they find it objectionable--not likely.

Archived