OK here we go....

crazycath

why do people respond to questions that they do not have an answer for," i dont know but some one will" Well no kidding.... is it for a higher post count ? If you dont know dont answer it doesnt help

also why do ppl answer questions nasty, are there lives so bad they must share it???

My mother always said "if you have nothing nice to say dont say it"

Ok I am ready , 123 lets go

Cathy

why do people respond to questions that they do not have an answer for," i dont know but some one will" Well no kidding.... is it for a higher post count ? If you dont know dont answer it doesnt help

also why do ppl answer questions nasty, are there lives so bad they must share it???

Cathy

Well I really don't have an answer for you but I'm sure someone does. Why would you ask a silly question like that anyway? J/k :D

Cathy

Just so they get a higher post count.It makes them think they are important or some kind of expert.:rolleyes:

If they spent half the time in the gym as they do on the boards,they would be fit and trim and we would eliminate another whole catagory of postings.

So I guess your nothing nice does not hold up with me.Oh well.

Just a joke!!:p :D

I don't know if this is the case on the cruise boards but on several boards I do frequent the "I don't know" type response is done to keep the post bumped to the top of the board. This gives the OP a better chance of having their post read and responded to by someone that may actually know. Since these boards move so fast you may post a question that has no replies and it soon becomes second, third page etc. I think that's why often times an OP will come back and ask "So no one has etc" so that their post gets back to the front page.

Maybe some do it to show that they are interested in your post but unfortunately can't answer. Whatever the case maybe unless they are bring nasty they are probably doing you a favor by helping keep your post on the front page.

Otherwise "I don't know but someone else may" ROFL sorry couldn't resist and I'm not a pot stirrer I don't even smoke it let alone stir it ;)

I don't know if this is the case on the cruise boards but on several boards I do frequent the "I don't know" type response is done to keep the post bumped to the top of the board. This gives the OP a better chance of having their post read and responded to by someone that may actually know. Since these boards move so fast you may post a question that has no replies and it soon becomes second, third page etc. I think that's why often times an OP will come back and ask "So no one has etc" so that their post gets back to the front page.

Maybe some do it to show that they are interested in your post but unfortunately can't answer. Whatever the case maybe unless they are bring nasty they are probably doing you a favor by helping keep your post on the front page.

Otherwise "I don't know but someone else may" ROFL sorry couldn't resist and I'm not a pot stirrer I don't even smoke it let alone stir it ;)

What a great post, I like it.

Cathy

I don't know if this is the case on the cruise boards but on several boards I do frequent the "I don't know" type response is done to keep the post bumped to the top of the board. This gives the OP a better chance of having their post read and responded to by someone that may actually know. Since these boards move so fast you may post a question that has no replies and it soon becomes second, third page etc. I think that's why often times an OP will come back and ask "So no one has etc" so that their post gets back to the front page. ;)

lol I started to say that, a post is most of the way down the page with no answers, I dont want the person to think no one cares about their post. I have been answering less lately just for the reasons posted above.

Of course I wouldnt admit to answering just to help bump up a unanswered post, thats against the rules :rolleyes:

I'm just not sure. But I'm sure I've answered this over 10.000 times before just to get my post count up.

Sometimes when I am searching the boards for an answer to a question, I'll find a thread with the same question, but no one has answered it yet. So I'll post something like, "I'd like to know the answer to that too" and bump it.

Once I noticed a question about embarkation times for a sailing only days away, but no one had answered it yet. So I bumped it :o, "I don't know the answer but someone can answer."

If this is not proper etiquette for this forum, I sincerely apologize.

Cathy

So, what does your question have to do with cruising???? This is a CRUISE forum.

Most people don't care about mine.:D

I feel a poll coming on.:eek:

cruise1234567 as Iv said I like you, we may not agree, but I love your spunk.

People can disagree and still admire and like the other person.

Yes, yes, we need a poll, except since this thread has nothing to do with Carnival it will be moved to floataway lounge here soon.... oops

Archived