Perfume prices onboard?

bobhsv

Hi, Just wondering what the perfume prices (ie Chanel No5) are like particularly onboard Rhapsody of the Seas. I am an 'aussie', and had always heard that perfume was cheaper in the States.

Thanks, Jen:)

I have never cruised on RCCL before (Celebrity, Prinsess and Disney) but here is my experience. The prices are very competitive. What I did was price what I wanted on the ship. Then when I was in port in St. Maarteen I went to Perfume Palace. I checked the prices there and then saw it was $5 dollars more. Not sure if she just was in a real need for a commission but she gave it to me for the ships price. That being said, the ship prices were pretty good.

Linda

Hi,

We're from Canada. I used to always buy my perfume at the airport duty free shops when we travelled: no tax, about 25%-30% off the price and I realize that onboard Celebrity ships, it's even cheaper. They don't always carry your brand but if it's a regular and classic perfume they will. I always shop at the begining of the cruise and if they don't have my brand, I buy it at some duty free island or at the airport on my way back home.

Hi,

We're from Canada. I used to always buy my perfume at the airport duty free shops when we travelled: no tax, about 25%-30% off the price and I realize that onboard Celebrity ships, it's even cheaper. They don't always carry your brand but if it's a regular and classic perfume they will. I always shop at the begining of the cruise and if they don't have my brand, I buy it at some duty free island or at the airport on my way back home.

Hmmmmm..... am from UK and as we're travelling within Europe duty free prices won't apply.... will they? Anyone? Maybe cheaper to buy my brand ashore.... that's a mission planned then as I'm nearly out..... 100ml here is around £55 which is €68 ish.

Much cheaper on the ships. I wear Gucci (the original) and it's about $95 in Canada, even at the duty free, it's around $80, I still have one in it's box from our last trip and it was $54 on the ship....however, I did find one at Ross in Hawaii for $29.99 so deals can be better on land if you luck out.

Hi and many thanks for all your replies. I will head straight for the perfumery onboard to check it out.....sounds very promising re getting a good deal.

Thanks again, Jen

Check your RCL coupon book for a discount in the perfume store. I don't know if all the books are the same from one level to another, but worth going through it before you make a purchase.

• 8 years later...