future cruise deals while on the cruise

onehotpooh

do you really save a boatload of money by booking your next cruise on the cruise that your on ?

i.e. im going on princess in nov but would really consider booking their alaksa cruise while im on there -- IF its a good deal.

pooh

We usually just book an "open" cruise, so that when we decide on a cruise, we have already paid the booking fee and will get an OBC when on board. You might want to check prices on your Alaska cruise on various internet sites before you go, so you'll know if it's a good deal or not. Nancy

It is best to book a future cruise while onboard and then either book through a TA when you return, or transfer you booking to a TA that offers discounts.

Princess doesn't often offer a great price on a future cruise, but the lowered deposit and onboard credits when booking onboard will follow to whatever discount TA you book with.

id like to do the alaska cruise in 2010 but the info isnt out yet and it wont be out in novemeber ( to my knowlegde) so i cant even research the info to see if im getting a good deal or not.

If the info is not out yet, then you would not be able to book that cruise on board either.

Just buy the FCC on board and book when it does become available.

What do you mean by open booking?

You can pay $100 onboard and book a future cruise (open booking) with ship and sailing date picked at a later date. They are good for 4 years from the date of purchase. This future cruise booking can be assigned to a TA or booked directly with Princess. Included with it is the lowered deposit ($100 per person, you pay for the FCC, if only one FCC is used, then the second person in the stateroom will have to pay $100 deposit at time of booking while the first person can use the FCC for the deposit, one FCC is needed and is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom for the shipboard credit and lowered deposit), plus shipboard credit depending on the length of the sailing you book and the type of stateroom booked. The credit is anywhere from $25 to $150 per person.

It is a very good investment for only $100 if you plan to cruise on another Princess cruise anytime in the next 4 years.

Also, they are fully refundable if you decide you will not be cruising again in the next 4 years.

I agree with others just book a FCC onboard. There are no specials on the ships. I feel I know more the the Future Cruise Consultant on the ship.

I agree completely about feeling like I know more than the FC Consultant. In the past we have booked both specific sailings and FCC. They always ask if we want to go through our same TA. When you get home, if you have to change the specific sailing date it's no problem before final payment is made.

The ship board credit and lower deposit make it totally worth it!

A good way to avoid having to wait to see the Future Cruise Consultant is to just grab up one of the forms by their desk, fill them out, and drop them in the drop box. Your receipt and future cruise information will be in your stateroom mailbox usually within 24 hours.

We have yet to ever have to speak to a Princess consultant, and it saves a lot of time not waiting in line when you already know what you want.

Plus, you can check the box on the form if you want to book directly with Princess or transfer the FCC to your current TA.

:) :)

Archived