Eurodam's retreat cabanas review

sauvichick

We just got the Eurodam as well and found our Retreat Cabana was the highlight of our cruise. We had the Santorini which was a two person cabana facing the sea. Service was amazing and the area was so peaceful. We checked out the adult aft pool thinking we may want to hang out and go for a swim but everyone was packed in like sardines so we 'retreated' back to our private oasis for some peace and quiet.

I'll write more about this fabulous spot in my review in the next couple of days.

PS - we had a truly wonderful time on this beautiful ship.

Dan

We just got the Eurodam as well and found our Retreat Cabana was the highlight of our cruise. We had the Santorini which was a two person cabana facing the sea. Service was amazing and the area was so peaceful. We checked out the adult aft pool thinking we may want to hang out and go for a swim but everyone was packed in like sardines so we 'retreated' back to our private oasis for some peace and quiet.

I'll write more about this fabulous spot in my review in the next couple of days.

PS - we had a truly wonderful time on this beautiful ship.

Dan

You liked that particular "side" cabana? I'm sure the view was wonderful. Did the plexiglass make for less breeze, and, as a result, a warmer than desired cabana? TIA for your opinion!

You liked that particular "side" cabana? I'm sure the view was wonderful. Did the plexiglass make for less breeze, and, as a result, a warmer than desired cabana? TIA for your opinion!

We loved the sea view cabana. Yes the plexiglass helped with the breeze which was good but it also allowed air-flow because the cabana was a about 8-12" away from the plexiglass which opened it up at the top of the cabana to allow a breeze to come in. Also the 'roof' of the cabana is vented to allow the warm air to escape. Not once did we feel it was too warm in the cabana to enjoy the day.

PS- we liked the champagne as well...especially with the chocolate covered strawberries.

Dan

We polished off 3 bottles on our last sea day. ;-)

Did you buy it then?? We had family cabana and the penthouse suite for a weeks cruise and they only gave us a glass of champagne each every afternoon, I certainly didn't feel they were particularly liberal with it, maybe there was a shortage!

In fact, I didnt feel the cabana boys were the greatest of the staff on board TBH. Don't get me wrong they were polite, but I had far better service elsewhere.

Our cabana attendants gave us (me) unlimited champagne as well, but since I was the only one drinking it and was getting "the look" from the wife I didn't go crazy.

Our attendants were wonderful. He told me they rotate staff to the cabanas (I don't remember how often), so some are attendants are bound to be better than others. The majority of people I have heard from said their attendants were great. Having the cabana for the week was the highlight of our trip.

We are going to be in the Mediterranean and there are only 2 sea days in the 10 day cruise. However, we are seriously considering the family cabana for the week because the 5 of us are in 2 staterooms and we think it would be a great way to relax together. Even if we get off the ship at each port we figure we can still enjoy the retreat cabana on our return. Any comments? :)

Thanks

diane

We are going to be in the Mediterranean and there are only 2 sea days in the 10 day cruise. However, we are seriously considering the family cabana for the week because the 5 of us are in 2 staterooms and we think it would be a great way to relax together. Even if we get off the ship at each port we figure we can still enjoy the retreat cabana on our return. Any comments? :)

Thanks

diane

You won't regret it. It makes for a great meeting place for families.

You won't regret it. It makes for a great meeting place for families.

Thanks for the encouragement (it wouldn't have taken much :D). I booked the family cabana for our May 19 cruise. We had been hoping to upgrade to a suite but the ship was pretty much sold out so I am hoping this will make up for it. Also, since we are in two different rooms on two different decks this will be a great way to spend time together!

diane

Thanks for the encouragement (it wouldn't have taken much :D). I booked the family cabana for our May 19 cruise. We had been hoping to upgrade to a suite but the ship was pretty much sold out so I am hoping this will make up for it. Also, since we are in two different rooms on two different decks this will be a great way to spend time together!

diane

You can come back and thank us after the cruise :)

Did you buy it then?? We had family cabana and the penthouse suite for a weeks cruise and they only gave us a glass of champagne each every afternoon, I certainly didn't feel they were particularly liberal with it, maybe there was a shortage!

In fact, I didnt feel the cabana boys were the greatest of the staff on board TBH. Don't get me wrong they were polite, but I had far better service elsewhere.

I have to say, the Retreat service we received was OUTSTANDING. Truly outstanding. We did have some champagne gifts from our travel agent that we had on ice in the cabana for embarkation day and the last sea day, in addition to what was served.

I have a retreat cabana booked for the 3/20 sailing. I know the "official" hours are 9 to 5 (meaning it is staffed during that time), but can you come and go as you please? Another poster mentioned going there during sailaway from San Juan. I am thinking it would be a great location as the boat leaves port, which is usually after 5pm.

I have a retreat cabana booked for the 3/20 sailing. I know the "official" hours are 9 to 5 (meaning it is staffed during that time), but can you come and go as you please? Another poster mentioned going there during sailaway from San Juan. I am thinking it would be a great location as the boat leaves port, which is usually after 5pm.

We used our whenever we wanted to. Don't think you'll be cheated booking a cabana if your cruise has only two sea days as we used our cabana before and/or after each of the ports we visited. In fact as odd as this may seem we looked forward to heading back to the ship to enjoy our little piece of heaven after a long day shopping. site seeing or just soaking up the sun on the beach.

You will not be disappointed. You really feel like you are a handful of folks on the cruise once you are up there enjoying all the ammendities offered by the two amazing stewards.

Pics to follow.

dan

As Dan mentioned, yes, you can use your cabana pretty much anytime. We often had breakfast there before service hours and it was a fantastic spot for the 11 PM sail away from San Juan. Although "service" doesn't begin until the first full day of the cruise, our stewards iced our TA champagne and brought us champagne glasses for sailaway from Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived