Cruising to Bermuda with 3 year old..

tncplace

Okay so we are cruising to Bermuda with my 3 year old DD. Since my Hubby sprung this trip on me (birthday gift, really sweet) I feel as though I am way behind my research and need some quick answers as we are leaving 9/20. So here goes...

There don't seem to be any excursions that a three year old can do in Bermuda. So we are planning the beach thing but want our little to be able to snorkel, is there a floatation device that will allow her to float on her stomach?

Can anyone recommend a kids snorkel set? I was looking at voit from target and plan on having her practice the next few weeks.

RCCL says the child must be fully potty trained which she is, however sometimes she needs help snapping her shorts - do they give a strike for that? I know the simple solution is to have her wear outfits without the snaps but her cutest clothes seem to all have them.

Where can I find a dressy dress this time of year? I have been to Lord and Taylor, Macys, Nordstrom, JC Penney, TJ Max and no luck. Her Christmas dress from last year doesn't fit anymore and her sun dresses from this summer just aren't fancy enough.

I think that is it for now, but I might have more questions as I begin the packing process.

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure why you are having trouble finding a dressy dress. Try Nordstrom webpage, for example, as there are many listed there:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2958873/0~2376788~6002242~6007536~6018703?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6018703&P=2

For snorkeling:

http://www.isnorkel.com/product-exec/category_id/122/product_id/4035/nm/Sea-Window-Explorer-snorkeling-raft

Don't know about the snaps, as I'm not sure where they are located, but it probably wouldn't be a problem or just let her wear the outfits that aren't "so cute"!

For a child that young, any dress will be fine. It doesn't have to be "fancy"!

There are some swimsuits that have a flotation device built into the suit. I've seen kids floating on their tummies while wear these suits! Because it's part of the swimsuit, no chance of it coming off (like water wings!). I have no idea where you get these, but I've seen them a zillion times. (I don't have little ones anymore, so I've never asked!!!!!)

6rugrats - thanks for the info on that floatation device, it is really cool.

As for the dress that one is pretty but a bit out of my price range. My daughter's dress should not cost more than mine and ordering online is out of the question since fit is difficult to determine.

cb at sea - Thank you, I do have her birthday dress to fall back on I guess, not all organza and tulle but a pretty sundress nonetheless. :) I was also hoping to get something to coordinate with what my dh and I are wearing so the formal picture could be our Christmas picture this year.

A couple of years ago we took our triplets to Bermuda (they were 4 at the time). We did not do any excursions. We didn't need to. We went to Horseshoe Bay Beach. If you bring bread with you from the ship and stand in the water, they fish just swarm around you. My son LOVED it.

I think that it would be very difficult for a 3 year old to actually snorkel. I bought so many of those snorkel kits when they were little and they didn't really use them. I would be a little nervous with a child floating on their belly with a flotation device. Kids are top heavy.

Have a great cruise!

I second the ebay advice......we got great deals on suits for the boys and beautiful dresses for my daughter (and myself!!).

Dressy clothes is one of those things that just doesn't get used very much.......none of us has actually worn any of the clothes again since the cruise :( I keep thinking the little ones might wear something to church....but we actually don't get that dressed up for regular church service......

Judy

Archived