A couple of questions about Dover Train Station

AmoMondo

I'm going to be arriving next week at Dover (from london) and would be really grateful, if anyone was able to answer the following questions for me

1. I'm presuming that the train will arrive on the opposite platform from the exit - is there a lift to get to and from the bridge to cross to the other side? (I've nevr mastered the art of packing light and dont fancy trying to haul heavy bags up and down stairs)

2. is there a taxi rank at the station?

Thank you

I'm going to be arriving next week at Dover (from london) and would be really grateful, if anyone was able to answer the following questions for me

1. I'm presuming that the train will arrive on the opposite platform from the exit - is there a lift to get to and from the bridge to cross to the other side? (I've nevr mastered the art of packing light and dont fancy trying to haul heavy bags up and down stairs)

2. is there a taxi rank at the station?

Yes and Yes.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/DVP/details.html#Accessibility

Yes there are taxis just as you exit the station, but by American standards they are small.

If you have a lot of luggage and a lot of people, you will need more than one taxi.

Thanks for your comment PennyAgain but as I'm a Brit and travelling alone, I'm used to the size of our taxis, so will fit in (just!) luggage and all!

Archived