Magic Drydock changes

mom x4,grandma x4

Magic Drydock Sept 6-24th

[iHere is a glimpse at what’s in store:

Indulgence and Relaxation

Quiet Cove, the serene pool retreat reserved for the enjoyment of adults, will undergo a makeover including upgrades to Cove Café, the pool and the deck area. Cove Café, the ship’s sophisticated coffee lounge, will incorporate a new seating area with plush, comfortable chairs providing the perfect venue to relax while sipping a cup of gourmet coffee. Meanwhile, the adult pool will be outfitted with soothing, cascading waterfalls from the two hot tubs. Teak deck and lounge chairs with plush cushions will line the pool, creating an inviting, stylish ambiance in line with the Vista Spa and Salon.

Fun for the Little Ones

The Oceaneer Club, a Neverland-themed play space for 3-7 year olds, and the Oceaneer Lab, a whacky and interactive laboratory exclusively for 8-12 year olds, will be enhanced with new registration areas that make the check-in process more efficient and hassle-free. This sets the stage for incorporating Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology in the youth activity areas later this year, which will further enhance and streamline the check-in process. The technology uses RFID tags embedded on wristbands, allowing children to simply tap a sensor to check in and out of the clubs.

Even the youngest cruisers will have a splashtacular time in “Mickey’s Splash Zone,” a new toddler water playground inspired by Fantasia’s Sorcerer’s Apprentice. This 385-square-foot extension to the Mickey Pool on deck 9 will feature star- and moon-shaped interactive fountains, a soft play surface and whimsical splash zones; creating an inviting environment for children not yet toilet trained and in swim diapers.

New Conveniences

The guest staterooms onboard the Disney Magic are receiving an infusion of technology with the installation of flat-screen LCD television sets. The new 22-inch units will be mounted on a swivel arm to allow easy viewing from multiple locations within the stateroom.

thumbsup2.gif[/i]

mom x4,grandma x4

Yes, the Magic is drydocking in Norfolk.

In addition to the changes listed above, it's known that carpet is being redone throughout the ship, the engines are receiving a much needed overhaul, and the wood planks on Decks 9 & 10 are being replaced.

it's about time they got rid of those tiny TV's.:p

Bill

I'm a bit underwhelmed about the 22" size. Celebrity has 32" LCD in their cabins (new ships)!

But then again their programming is not worth watching....hmmmmm, I think I'll be glad for the 22" with great programming!:D

:confused:

btower.jpg

How do you get to this live link?? My son would love to go to it but I do not know how. Can you also e-mail me the link to :

uranynora@aol.com

Thanks a million. The Disney Magic was our first cruise ever and we were on her this summer from July 20 - 27th for its Mexican Riviera Cruise. We loved it.

Nora & Attila

Yes, the Magic is drydocking in Norfolk.

In addition to the changes listed above, it's known that carpet is being redone throughout the ship, the engines are receiving a much needed overhaul, and the wood planks on Decks 9 & 10 are being replaced.

Actually, it's in Portsmouth. The shipyard is just called the "Norfolk" naval shipyard.

:confused:

How do you get to this live link?? My son would love to go to it but I do not know how. Can you also e-mail me the link to :

uranynora@aol.com

Thanks a million. The Disney Magic was our first cruise ever and we were on her this summer from July 20 - 27th for its Mexican Riviera Cruise. We loved it.

Nora & Attila

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=5776101

(There is a plack to click for a larger image.)

I found a little news video about dry dock here: http://www.wvec.com/video/index.html?nvid=282969&shu=1

Leaves Norfolks to head back down to Florida on Sunday. And I board a week from Saturday!

Thanks for the link! One error in the tv report...Magic did not sale at 8:00am today...I saw her leave on the webcam just before 6:30 am.

Thanks for the link! One error in the tv report...Magic did not sale at 8:00am today...I saw her leave on the webcam just before 6:30 am.

I found that out the hard way. My 2 DSs and myself got up early Sunday and went down to watch it leave. We were all VERY sad to discover it had already left:(

Archived