Upgrades???

Dpeeps

I am just curious how are you so lucky to get an upgrade???? Is it just the luck of the draw or do you somehow have to "ask" for one? I have just read on here where people have gotten upgrades and didn't know how they were so lucky to get them??? We have sailed with RCCL 5 times now and wonder if I would ever be considered for it?? The only thng...we usually are traveling with the kids who are in a cabin right near us....would that keep us from ever getting one??? Was just wondering? :rolleyes:

It does no good to ask for an upgrade (you can always pay for one if there is a stateroom available but that is not the kind of upgrade people are talking about). No one really knows how or why RCCL upgrades. You are more likely to get an upgrade if you booked a guarantee stateroom, but it can happen if you booked a specific cabin. In either case it doesn't happen that often. How you find out about an upgrade is you look at your reservation and suddenly your room number is different.

If your reservation is linked to your kids reservation, then it is extremely unlikely they will upgrade you. If you are worried about being upgraded away from your kids, then mark both reservations "no upgrades."

As Wrona said.......upgrades are few and far between. The upgrade fairy has been good to us twice, and we have been fortunate. Many years ago.........we paid for an upgrade at the pier.......and the ship was sailing 85% full.

We have not seen days like that in 4 or 5 years.

Rick

Dpeeps, We were very lucky to get an upgrade in 2004 on our very 1st cruise. We left from Bayonne, NJ headed to Bermuda for a week on the Empress of the Seas. We booked an Inside Cabin and was surprized when we checked in to get an Oceanview Cabin right across the hall from the cabin we picked out. Good Luck on future cruises you book, you just may get your upgrade. :D We are leaving in 47 more days on the Explorer. First time for us on that ship & booked a 1st time Balcony. Maybe they'll upgrade us to a suite! I am celebrating my 50th Birthday while on the cruise.............:rolleyes:

Angel Hugs, Debbie

Archived