Wine?

mnbruce

We are on the Oosterdam leaving Sept 6th. I know that we can bring wine on board but can we purchase wine in the ports and bring it back on the ship to our cabin to drink or will they end up holding it till the end of the cruise?

In Barbados, we toured the Mt. Gay rum distillery and of course bought samples to take home. When we boarded the ship, we were directed to a table beyond the xray machine and we handed over our bag(s) of liquor. The guy started writing a receipt for the first bottle and said the heck with it--I don't feel like writing any more receipts so we'll keep this bottle and you can keep the rest in your cabin. Oh well. We tried to comply with the rules!!!

In Barbados, we toured the Mt. Gay rum distillery and of course bought samples to take home. When we boarded the ship, we were directed to a table beyond the xray machine and we handed over our bag(s) of liquor. The guy started writing a receipt for the first bottle and said the heck with it--I don't feel like writing any more receipts so we'll keep this bottle and you can keep the rest in your cabin. Oh well. We tried to comply with the rules!!!

Love it!!

When we did the My Gay rum tour a few months back -- all the rum and alcohol was confiscated from everyone and held to the end of the cruise.

Archived