Does a connected balcony and interior cabin exist ?

CHAMPDDS

I'm pretty sure this is cabin 9396, if you click through the pictures you will see the balcony set up and the room with only the chair and where the connecting door is.

DSC_4104

I hope this link works

We have booked this cabin on Independence, and the 9401 connecting, this is the first picture I have seen which really shows the balcony..thank you...

You don't necessarily need to be concerned. If you are in a room that connects to a "strangers" room, there will be a locked door between the rooms. Some cruisers say that it is not a problem and they never hear a sound, and other cruisers say that it was very noisy. I suppose this would vary depending upon who your neighbors are, and how quiet they are.

If you do not need a connecting room, and if there are other non-connecting D1 rooms available, you probably should consider switching. Your TA can inquire and make this switch for you, and as long as you do not change categories and stay with another D1, it doesn't cost anything to switch. This will reduce the risk that you'll have a noise issue through the connecting door. It will also leave the connecting combination for someone who needs to book the two rooms for a larger family.

You definitely want to switch if you can. To accomodate the door opening your furniture will be different. In our case we lost a sofa, and just got a chair. We booked the room intentionally but realized the door causes you to have different interior accomodations. You also may lose storage space to accomodate the door. It may depend on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I are booked in rooms 9696/9701. I could not pass up only paying 234 dollars more for two rooms vs one balcony with four in it. Was it a pain being all the way in the back of the ship? What was the trick in getting them to bring you lounge chairs? God I wish it was this Thanksgiving we were going!!!!!! We went on the Navigator last year for turkey day. Couldn't get the wife to go this year.

• 8 months later...
Hi there

I am looking at booking this cabin combination. Were there any issues with the cabins (noise, balcony view, etc).

Welcome to Cruise Critic, and thank you for using the search function!

These are great cabins and are highly coveted. If you want them you should book out as far as you can. No problems have been reported here about them. Enjoy!

Archived